Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

take two girls. one grew up in a little village and lived in poverty. she lives in a buddhist culture and as she has grown up these principles have played a big role in the way she acts and thinks. Her parents work 12 hours a day to send her to go to university in the city where she also worked 30 hours a week while going to school full time. she watches about 2 hours of television per week.

the other girl grew up in American suburbia. the closest she came to working was making her bed once a week. her parents dragged her to church every now to learn about going to hell. she spent plenty of time watching television which played a big role in the way she acts and thinks. she loves gossiping with her friends and is eagerly awaiting the most important event in her life, planning an expensive wedding!

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of these seem to be veering off into caricature. I could see the basic principle of what you're saying here being true, but I think you're probably blowing it out of proportion.

[/ QUOTE ]

T.V. watching and the dominance of popular culture has gone beyond our ability to blow it out of proportion. The second greatest percentage of Americans reads one book a year. The greatest percentage reads ... zero. Things that used to be staples in American culture, like service clubs and adult athletic clubs, leagues, and group activities, have plummeted in popularity and virtually disappeared from community life. Even the idea of "community life" seems like a callback to an ancient past. Americans now probably spend the majority of their free time in front of the t.v., brains pretty much off. Food in, poop out. Not a lot going on there.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we start discussing some of the unethical PUA stuff? I remember someone posted the tricks to use if a girl has a boyfriend. That was pretty brilliant and sick at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cosign. Im rather curious about this.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've spent countless hours talking with Cardo on AIM. I ended up in the middle of far too much drama, and gave him tons of advice that he ignored and ignored. This isn't some cheap potshop (and wtf @ easiet targets), it's the result of being really frustrated by Cardo acting like a [censored] to people trying to be his friends.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to "ditto" this. I don't have all the logs, but I have spent a lot of time in the past year talking to 'Cardo on AIM just to be written off in 2 seconds because he doesn't appreciate my tone. (Either that or he realizes some of the stuff I told him was true and he doesn't feel like dealing with it.)

Out of curiosity... how many people out there are on 'Cardos AIM hit list? It has to be more than 25 people at this point. I get the feeling he just jumps from person to person until he finds someone who won't challenge him.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:28 PM

tl;dr

I was, however, pleased to see that tpir's beedog trolls came out for this thread. I think there's another guy (tehmatt?) maybe he will make an appearance, also.

-Al
Old 08-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Dids the fact that I disagree with numerous points of your life philosophy, or whatever, isn't a personal affront, and isn't your cue to start some weird e-vendetta.

Tpir, your aggressively anti-theist stance and belief that you inhabit some sort of Vulcanland of pure objective logic and millionth-level thinking doesn't justify your tone.

It's easy to see why you two are so gay for each other, though - you bond over your mutual love of the sort of behavior that grown-up people discarded at about the age of fifteen, which you justify to yourselves on the flimsiest possible pretexts.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:40 PM

Cardo,

I don't have an e-vendetta. I'm not "out to get you". If you're looking for help and are going to put forth things I believe to be untrue (and not because you're lying, but because you don't realize how you present yourself) I'm going to correct that.

I like tapir because he's one of the genuine and nice people I've met online. Also because of this:

Old 08-09-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

I don't have an e-vendetta. I'm not "out to get you". If you're looking for help and are going to put forth things I believe to be untrue (and not because you're lying, but because you don't realize how you present yourself) I'm going to correct that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I've seen several threads where you seem to be engaging in active Cardo baiting. To try and pretend that it's offered in a spirit of sincere helpfulness now is like when strategy posters try to justify being dicks to newbies because it's a conscious choice to help them learn better.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tpir, your aggressively anti-theist stance and belief that you inhabit some sort of Vulcanland of pure objective logic and millionth-level thinking doesn't justify your tone.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am only aggressively anti-theist towards you because it gets you so riled up. People will always believe in things to make their lot in life more appetizing, I will not try and take that away from you. (Although, if your faith is so strong, what I say shouldn't shake you anyway.) If you want to talk about this more we can take it to SMP. Not here though.

re: Vulcans. I try to point out and interpret facts how I see them, I don't claim to be even 10% right, and I [censored] logic up constantly. But when your only response as to why other people are wrong is "hyachaychaychaych, *I* say so" it makes me think you are not seeking the truth--as you claim to be--and just an immature kid who wants to hear everyone say how smart he is.

[ QUOTE ]
It's easy to see why you two are so gay for each other, though - you bond over your mutual love of the sort of behavior that grown-up people discarded at about the age of fifteen, which you justify to yourselves on the flimsiest possible pretexts.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I had any idea what you were talking about here I would respond. Care to elaborate?

Edit: I am not afraid to say I like Dids (in a non-buttsecksing way) and agree with him on life-stuff most of the time. That other people dislike him on here is of no consequence to me. He is a good dude. Maybe you would be better off if you stopped caring about 2p2 so much.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:54 PM

Dude you don't even know me, really. You know about a trip I took at the all-time craziest time of my life that you've heard about secondhand from a girl who was out to get me and her friends. That's it. Just admit to yourself that you have a taste for bush-league hater [censored], the same way people like keying cars or groping chicks in crowds or any other inexplicable peccadillo. Don't be like every other retarded chump and concoct a line for yourself about it.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had any idea what you were talking about here I would respond. Care to elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Review any of your posts in this thread. Like Dids, you're just kinda bush and have a story for yourself about why that's okay. That's all.