Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When is the 75 going in?
turn 13 56.52%
river 5 21.74%
It never/sometimes gets into the pot 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: \"riggedpoker.com - 100% rigging guaranteed\"

Those stats are for all his hands combined.
He plays a mix of 6-max and full-ring.

I suspect a large majority of his hands are from 10-player tables. But maybe he's been playing 6-max tables for longer.

you may recall that back in Oct or Nov or so he was posting his complaints on here that there weren't enough 10-player limit tables at his preferred stakes that would run.

In previous posts he had mentioned that his stats on 5/10 full-ring were around 10/9 so I don't feel it's a big deal for me to repeat that. Obviously quite a few posters criticized him for being too tight.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: I cannot win on pokerstars. Reasons ??

I'll just add that I've stopped playing at Stars except for on a few occassions despite the fact that I like the software and rewards better than FullTilt. The reason being that for whatever reason I just don't seem to win there while I've done very well at all 3 other sites I've ever played.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those stats are for all his hands combined.
He plays a mix of 6-max and full-ring.

I suspect a large majority of his hands are from 10-player tables. But maybe he's been playing 6-max tables for longer.

you may recall that back in Oct or Nov or so he was posting his complaints on here that there weren't enough 10-player limit tables at his preferred stakes that would run.

In previous posts he had mentioned that his stats on 5/10 full-ring were around 10/9 so I don't feel it's a big deal for me to repeat that. Obviously quite a few posters criticized him for being too tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, what is your point? If we want to look up his past post history we all know how to do it.

I seriously do not understand you guys. Either you are all young, or extremely naive. How can you say with 100 percent certaintly that everything is above board?? Why because you make a living doing this?

I myself cannot wait until, there are some strict regulations and poker rooms become US based. Until that happens none of us truly know if we are getting a fair deal.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously do not understand you guys. Either you are all young, or extremely naive. How can you say with 100 percent certaintly that everything is above board?? Why because you make a living doing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about the not understanding part. 0/4 on the rest though.

[ QUOTE ]

I myself cannot wait until, there are some strict regulations and poker rooms become US based. Until that happens none of us truly know if we are getting a fair deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't "truly" know then either.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:17 PM

I have no idea why somebody would think that a U.S. operated site would somehow be a 100% guarantee for non-riggedness.

My point at discussing his stats is that if he is a long-term losing player after 500k hands it is because he is playing a losing-game.

It does not prove that the cards are not rigged but I have already agreed that this is impossible to "prove" to everyone's 100% satisfaction anyway.

But OP's claim is that the ONLY way he can be losing is that the cards are rigged/skewed against him somehow.
The contention of many around here is that his losses can be explained by the flaws in his game which I believe we would be able to see in his stats.

He seems extremely reluctant to acknowledge that his own game is even the remotest of possibilities for his loss-rate after 500k hands because of his success in other games.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Lets not go over his stats and help improve his game, I like having fish at my tables
Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 PM

I do too.
I'm not sure he plays as much as he would though if he truly believed the cards were random.

Anyway, as I said before I'm just fascinated by this type of mentality in which the player himself won't even consider that there's even a 1% chance that the reason he is losing is because he is playing a losing game.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying very hard to give PS the benefit of the doubt, but I'm finding it difficult owing to the strange things I witness all too often when I'm playing

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that:

1. Your gut feeling is illogical and has no possible way of telling if the shuffle is random

2. Your gut feeling is more accurate than a statistical analysis of 250k hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anyway to prove the rng is actually random?

Instead of having folks prove it's not, how about proving it is since you have the tools and resources to do so.

Who manafactures the rng?

Who "tests" the rngs?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is logically impossible to prove that a site is not rigged. No matter how much data is presented that shows a normal distribution of randomness, that does not prove that non-randomness never happens. It is difficult if not impossible to prove a negative proposition. You cannot prove that something does not happen or does not exist unless and until you examine every occurrence in that universe.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying that all of the statistical data is inferior to a player's hunch that the deal doesn't feel right? It's kind of interesting because the people who say it's rigged are using statistical data of occurrences that they used their mind to compile. If you say computer tracked data can not prove a site is random, how can human tracked data prove it is not random?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stats are wrong because I am definately not winning 84% of the time with AA, that number is at 80% and next highest is KK at 64%

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, as you admit below, your stats are likely wrong. How about you come back when you have that fixed?

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot post everyday because I just bought a new house ( brag ) 1.2 million. ( I really must suck at poker ) and I am moving a bunch of crap and trying to figure out a stupid wall mount for that 60inch pioneer in the vip store ( awesome tv by the way )

[/ QUOTE ]
Relevance? No one cares.

[ QUOTE ]
No I have not updated my pt, infact I have never updated my pt, it got overfull with data sometime early this year and tech support told me to do some stuff to re new the database thats why I only have 84k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Finally we get to the heart of the matter.

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the stats to look for sciolist.

1. percentage of pots lost over 5 big bets with high pocket pairs.

2. Percentage of times I lose to bigblind wen its heads up.

IF those 2 stats are possible to look up that will be great indicator of how many bad beats i suffer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would he waste his time when your stats obviously aren't complete? How about you get your PT updated, then come back and post your correct numbers?

[ QUOTE ]
I am not looking forward to any of this information to be valid since you do work for the company and would not reveal such information. Let me repeat this post is in no way bashing full til,pokerstars or any big poker company. I am just saying that online poker in general is not real, it is skewed for bad players to do better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahaha, now THAT'S funny. So basically you want him to post the numbers, but if they don't prove what you want them to, you won't believe them?

This is the problem with ALL of these "poker is rigged" threads. Yes, of course it could be. However, it is pretty much impossible to prove there is nothing amiss. It would be easy, though, for someone to provide compelling evidence if something WAS amiss.

The majority of posters on this board dispute the rigged crowd not because we are some kind of poker site "yes" men. It's because our own numbers are fine, and no one has shown us any compelling evidence otherwise. Just because one grants the possibility that a site COULD be rigged doesn't mean that it is...it just means we are waiting for someone to offer a shred of proof.