Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: John from Cincy Thread

[ QUOTE ]
"YOU HURT MY FEELINGS MOM" is my new gold standard for bad acting. Relative to that, my turn as Luvry the slop boy in an 8th grade production of Charlotte's Web is Oscar worthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got to watch a million different hilarious takes of this. They used the best one. At one point, frustrated RDM was like, "Grayson, have you ever been sad about something?"
Old 07-16-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"YOU HURT MY FEELINGS MOM" is my new gold standard for bad acting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Until this episode I was willing to plead ignorance and willing to accept others' opinion that he was actually nailing the surfer kid role. But that was terrible. I'm beyond confused how they couldn't get a better take. Even more confused how that line made it into last week's preview.

As much as I enjoyed the episode, I think it's going to be the type that is much more satisfying to re-watch once we have a clue what's happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

In his defense, he nailed his takes with Kai while skating in the bowl.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 AM

If my words are yours, can you hear my Father? Can Bill know my Father, keeping his eye on me? Can I bone Kai and Butchie know my Father instead?

My Father's shy doing his business. Kai helps my Father dump out. Bill takes a shot. Shaunie is much improved.

Joe is a Doubting Thomas. Joe will save Not-Aleman. Joe will bring his buddies home. This is how Freddy relaxes. Cup-o'joe, and Winchell's variety dozen.

Mitch catches a good wave. Mitch wipes out. Mitch wipes out Cissy. Cissy shows Butchie how to do that. Cissy wipes Butchie out. Butchie hurts Barry's head. Mister Rollins comes in Barry's face. My Father runs the Mega-Millions.

Fur is big. Mud is big. The stick is big. The word is big. Fire is huge. The wheel is huge. The line and circle are big. On the wall, the line and circle are huge. On the wall, the man at the wall makes a man from the circle and line. The man at the wall makes a Word on the wall from the circle and line. The Word on the wall hears my Father.

The zeroes and ones make the Word in Cass's camera. In the Word on the wall that hears my-Father-in-Cass's-camera, the good one Mitch catches doesn't wipe Cissy out. In the-Word-that-hears-my-Father, Cissy shows Butchie something else. In-my-Father's-Word, Cissy shows Butchie in Shaun. In-my-Father's-Word, Tina raises Shaun at lunch. In Cass's-camera, Butchie lays the court out for Barry, and Mister Rollins watches, and he doesn't come on Barry's face. In Cass's-camera, Butchie knows Kai kept the faith. In-my-Father's-Word, the Wave lifts them up.

In Cass's camera, Bill doesn't bump his head on the stairs. In Cass's-camera, as long as he's being stupid, Bill gives Lois a kiss.

In His-Word-in-Cass's-camera, the Internet is big. Nine-Eleven is big, but not every towel-head is eradicated. In His-Word, We are coming Nine-Eleven-Fourteen.

In my-Father's-Word, Bill sees how Freddy relaxes. In Cass's-camera, Ramon wants to know who's hungry, in the courtyard and Room Forty-Five.

In my-Father's-Word-to-come-in-Cass's-camera, Doctor Smith calls Ocean Properties. In Cass's-camera-to-come, my Father stares Not Aleman down, and Freddy sees Bill much-improved.

You will not note my-Father's-Word, nor remember Cass's-camera, but you will not forget what we did here.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my turn as Luvry the slop boy in an 8th grade production of Charlotte's Web

[/ QUOTE ]

Best casting ever.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:49 AM

Thank you for that.

I think I understand less and more right now.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The zeroes and ones make the Word in Cass's camera.

[/ QUOTE ]
Binary solo?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mitch catches a good wave. Mitch wipes out. Mitch wipes out Cissy. Cissy shows Butchie how to do that. Cissy wipes Butchie out. Butchie hurts Barry's head. Mister Rollins comes in Barry's face. My Father runs the Mega-Millions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I understand this part. Mitch blows out his knee, and makes life miserable for Cissy. Cissy sexually abuses Butchie, which messes him up and he turns to drugs.

Butchie used to pick on and beat up Barry in school.

Who is Mister Rollins? Is he the dead guy in Room 24?

Is the implication that the lottery was "fixed" by a higher power in order to cause all of the events of the series (i.e., the gathering of the parties at the motel) to occur? This seems to be the most logical explanation.

I still don't really understand how Joe or Charlie Utter fit into this.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:11 AM

What is the meaning of the distinction between "My Father's word" and "His word in Cass' camera"?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"YOU HURT MY FEELINGS MOM" is my new gold standard for bad acting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cringed as soon as those words came out of his mouth. I don't care how poor an actor he is, they should have done take after take after take until they managed to get something that wasn't so horrible. That take did not belong on TV.

Also, was I the only one who was hoping that RDM would blow her brains out in that scene in the kitchen? I am really getting tired of her character.

Ed O'neill saved this episode. I love how angry and upset JFC makes him. His constant threats to do harm to JFC are hilarious. The scenes with him and JFC -- especially the scene with JFC channelling the spirit of Ed O'neill's dead wife -- saved the show for me.

I still find the show disappointing, but I'm hoping that last night's episode is the start of better things. Last night's episode was the best of the season IMO.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another odd thing about this show.

Milich has this writing tick that you saw all the time on NYPD Blue. Goes like this.

"He's the guy that posted above me in this thread, kidcolin"

"He's the guy that wears the mask, El Diablo"

"He's the guy that wore a tie with a short sleeved shirt, Andy"

It's really weird to see it show up hear again. Always with the name ending the phrase.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in the last episode I noticed that Bill talks exactly like Andy Sipowicz. the thing you noted and tons of other weird dialog.