View Poll Results: Where Would You Go?
Olive Garden 47 66.20%
Chipotle 24 33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Dating: If you\'re short, you better make $$$$$$$

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 6' 0" and my girlfriend (5' 9") has mentioned many times how hard is it to find a guy tall enough for her and that's a big reason she likes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious where you live that it's hard to find 6'0 tall men. According to wikipedia this puts you ~2 inches taller than the average white American male.

[/ QUOTE ]

She probably means guys tall enough that also like ugly chicks.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:18 AM

All,

This is the most retarded thread ever.

Height
Attractiveness
Power
Money
Physical Fitness
Humor
Intelligence
Uniqueness/Edge

In that general order, but switch around some of them for some girls.

The better you are at any of those, the more attractive you are to women.

I'm pretty successful, funny, smart, and generally good looking, so I do pretty well with women even though I'm 5'7. However, I generally go for girls 5'5 or shorter. I've dated two 5'10" models before, but they were exceptions because they were super-thin. That makes a big difference. I couldn't see myself dating a 5'10" soccer player.

Sure, Style is a master PUA at 5'6. He's also a successful Rolling Stone writer and author. Make him 6'2 and everything gets a lot easier for him.

One guy early on hit on a key point. Self-confidence. I find that shorter guys who have dated hot chicks when they are pretty young rarely have problems with women. But short guys who don't have hot girlfriends when they are young often lack the confidence to get hot women when they are older, no matter how successful they are otherwise.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:19 AM

pbnc,

Wait, are you the frisbee dude or am i confusing posters?
Old 04-12-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Height
Attractiveness
Power
Money
Physical Fitness
Humor
Intelligence
Uniqueness/Edge

[/ QUOTE ]

Great categories. I'm envisioning a book about "leagues" in dating/relationships. I mean the "she's way out of his league" type of leagues.

Break down attractiveness to a group of characteristics, then quantify those characteristics into a weighted numeric scale. The categories above would be a great start for the male characteristics. The female set of characteristics would obviously be a lot different, but I think another weighted scale that resulted in comparable numeric totals would be possible.

My theory is that the VAST majority of the time, people don't end up with others out of their league, if you define a league as similar numeric totals in these weighted characteristic scales. This would account for the multi-millionaires married to models and the majority of "average people" who end up with partners of very similar physical attractiveness.

End vision. I think it'd make a good book though, perhaps give some insight to those looking to move up from the farm teams.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 6' 0" and my girlfriend (5' 9") has mentioned many times how hard is it to find a guy tall enough for her and that's a big reason she likes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious where you live that it's hard to find 6'0 tall men. According to wikipedia this puts you ~2 inches taller than the average white American male.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ Evan making this post
Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, I'm 6'0"

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'm not 100% Asian.

Plus, I'm a pitcher. You know that. How many successful 5'4" pitchers are there?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:14 AM

El D,

Was your list geared more to, "I can take this barfly home tonight," or more towards, "I can hang out with this girl a couple times and bang her?"

In my experience, physical fitness and attractiveness are much more important in the former, while humor, intelligence, and maybe edge are much more important in the latter. Overall, I think you've got humor too low.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sure, Style is a master PUA at 5'6. He's also a successful Rolling Stone writer and author. Make him 6'2 and everything gets a lot easier for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

A sucessful 6'2" RS writer would have no need to be a PUA. It would be kind of overkill. The reason this guy is such an accomplished PUA is that at 5'6", he has to be.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:36 AM

"I have a buddy who is about 5'7" and basically did not get his first "real" girlfriend until about a year ago, at age 28. He's in impeccable shape (benches 300), eats healthy, is a professional, is one of the best-looking guys I know, and has almost 100K in savings...and it took him this long. And he found her on a dating website."

Converted homosexual?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. She's 16.

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked my way in with a lot of girls that were out of my league when I was young. That all ended sometime after college when they had to get real jobs and I think most importantly have been with a few good looking guys more in their league. Tell your brother to move her to a Montana dirt farm as soon as HS ends. It's his only chance.