Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Ask El Diablo

El Diablo

You really speak norwegian? Then you basically speak swedish and danish to [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Really cool if you do! I have one question, of all the posters here that offers coaching, who would you recommend?

*It would have to be online coaching for online play
*I play 3-6 and 5-10 NL/PLO, mainly short and HU

Who would you recommend and why?
Who would'nt you recommend and why?

Last question is optional [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:29 AM

thanks for the response, wow i thought it would have been a given for an active/good art scene;( my gf is in to modern art and is looking at grad programs (in a different discipline though) so there is a good chance we'll be moving next year. in my not so extensive experience i like the more french styled dominus over the insignia , but being in cali it might be the opposite for you Opus has a big name but is not as available here in va (except in a few restaurants at ridic mark up of course) so i v e never tasted it. might be too late to bump this so sorry if it is ..
jason
Old 03-01-2007, 03:12 PM

K: Jeg snakker norsk! Just a little now, but give me a few weeks in Norway and I would be fluent again. As for coaches, unfortunately I'm not very familiar with who's offering lessons these days. If you list some names, I'll be happy to say who I know is smart and good.

kaf: Opus is ridiculously marked up here as well. I generally avoid the "big name" wines for that reason.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Masked Man:

When you become a big-time hip-hop producer, will you go by "El Diablo", or will you adopt a new nom de plume?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM

sorry if this has already been asked.

if i were to be the sole investor in a startup internet company with an unique idea (a good analogy: i am the sole investor for servers, advertising, etc. for facebook when it was in beta), what would be a standard contract/% ownership/etc.? what should a standard investment be? there is one main programmer, and two others involved whose roles i am unsure about at the moment. i intend to meet in person with them in a week or two. thanks in advance
Old 03-08-2007, 04:22 AM

El D,
This is one of the hightest quality forums on 2p2 IMO good job!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:05 AM

Wow, amazing thread. I need to frequent your forum more mr. diablo! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Are you Indian? Were you born in India or in Oslo? When did you come to the US? How strict/traditional are you parents? Did they have "plans" for you growing up (like you becoming a doctor/engineer/whatever, getting an arranged marriage etc)?
Old 03-08-2007, 04:16 PM

psy: Yes, London, when I was about 8, not that strict or traditional, not really but like all Indian parents they of course have their ideas which they'd like to see. In terms of work, I think all Indian parents want lawyers/doctors/engineers, but I've done well in business so they are very proud of that. As for girls, I conditioned them by having them see some really crazy girls I was with in high school, so now they'll be delighted if I just marry a non-psycho.

g: Thanks!

oT: will have to consult with my advisors on that.

vp: There's just absolutely no standards in that sort of thign. Could range from anything from putting in $20k and getting 50% of the company to putting in a million and getting a few percentage points. When you get into further discussions, feel free to ask more specific questions.

All: Locking this thread. Feel free to post any random questions in the "random stuff" thread.
Closed Thread