Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Negreanu lumps Raymer w/ Moneymaker & Gold

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure that DN is basing his opinion of these players upon his personal experiences playing w/ them, not on a few extremely very high variance tourneys...

[/ QUOTE ]

I brought up high variance tourneys (how Daniel Negreanu has made his reputation btw) because of their relevance to the 'general consensus'.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:57 PM

Dali: Of course I knew what you meant, I was just ripping on you for fun.

TT: It is pretty sweet that you are now the reigning authority on relative skills of high-stakes cash game players! Congrats!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

TT: It is pretty sweet that you are now the reigning authority on relative skills of high-stakes cash game players! Congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

to be riped by Diablo is to be loved by Diablo. I feel loved [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 07:06 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I must say that I am surprised that Greg has not posted in this thread yet. Just unaware of it, or intentionally avoiding it?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

rj
Old 01-05-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One play means one session, not one hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care, I just want details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read his blog (all the old ones are there) at www.fullcontact.poker.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol...you think Greg Raymer actually played his way deep in '05...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Small Balls,

What I said doesn't actually say a thing about how lucky Greg may have been in '05 (I wouldn't know really, IIRC he finally got knocked out getting his money in way ahead though).

Reading comprehension....but if you want to say that you think Greg is a luckbox, why don't you just say it? Personally, I'm sure he's an extremely good poker player.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS: Did you know the big game is not the only game like it now? AC has the 6k/12k game that is spread semi-often with Nick, Pete and Ted as the mainstays.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, not to hijack the jist of this thread, but who are these players? Nick Frangos? Ted Forest? Pete? Of course, I'm just tossing names out and have no idea if these guys (save Ted) have the bankroll for this.

Further inexcusable hijack: Daniel, what's your take on Ivey's bet with Pavin? Please answer in the golf bet threat if you feel so inclined since you've actually played with Ivey before.

End hijack. Back to previously scheduled programming.

Raymer and Daniel both rule. Smooch, smooch! <3
Old 01-05-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

to be riped by Diablo is to be loved by Diablo. I feel loved [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, I think we may be married...
Old 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM

TT,

"My advice:"

"Let me fill you in on a little dirty secret about the big game"

"I suggest you check your sources, mine tell me otherwise."

"he is a known to be a weak player in rotation games, some would say he makes the game worth playing."

"Although I don't know about Hatchem's ability to play rotation games"

"Lastly its good to hear your not playing the big game anymore, wise decision"

"PS: Did you know the big game is not the only game like it now? AC has the 6k/12k game that is spread semi-often with Nick, Pete and Ted as the mainstays."

First off, I am sure Daniel is glad to have your advice and approval for his decisions. It surely is not as completely meaningless as it probably appears to some of us who don't have the insider info and knowledge that you clearly appear to have about the biggest games and all the players. It's an asset to the forum that you have such intimate knowledge of win rates and expecation in various highest stakes games as well as relative strengths of various high stakes players. I'm a little surprised you're posting this info publicly rather than working with some of these high stakes players to hone their games. Also, I'm sure Daniel is glad that you are here to let him know about 6k/12k and other big games where you are on a first-name basis with the players, I am sure you probably know a lot about games like that going on that Vegas Big Game players have not heard about. Thanks again for all the very worthwhile posts, TT.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol...you think Greg Raymer actually played his way deep in '05...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Small Balls,

What I said doesn't actually say a thing about how lucky Greg may have been in '05 (I wouldn't know really, IIRC he got knocked out getting his money in way ahead though).

Reading comprehension....but if you want to say that you think Greg is a luckbox, why don't you just say it? Personally, I'm sure he's an extremely good poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you don't think there are plenty of donks who go broke while ahead going to the river. Anybody can be ahead in any given hand. He didn't really earn his big stack in '05, he just kinda got handed it. The Tiffany Williamson doubled up gave him most of his huge stack, he just happened to pick up KK against some idiot who couldn't fold AJ...anyone can do that...my point is he did nothng special...nothing that anyone else could've done just sitting in his seat and playing just the cards.