Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 06:26 AM

Default Re: The Well: gobboboy

Looks like we got off the tourney trail a while ago so I have a couple unrelated strategy Qs.

One thing a NLHE player(me) trying to learn limit hold em will need to improve/change/learn..?

Bankroll for 10-20/15-30 shorthanded LHE? I hear everything from 300 to 2000BBs.

Seems like that's all I can come up with.. Looking forward to meet you at the PCA.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like we got off the tourney trail a while ago so I have a couple unrelated strategy Qs.

One thing a NLHE player(me) trying to learn limit hold em will need to improve/change/learn..?

Bankroll for 10-20/15-30 shorthanded LHE? I hear everything from 300 to 2000BBs.

Seems like that's all I can come up with.. Looking forward to meet you at the PCA.

[/ QUOTE ]

LHE is about calling down and looking at their ranges in the long run. They can either have a boat, a flush or ace high and you just don't know. On the river if the pot has 8 bb's in it and they bet, you only need to be right more than 1/9 times for a call to be +EV. In NLHE you don't have that privilege.

500 bb's is good in a soft game probably. 1000 if you want to make it your main game.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:32 AM

At what moment in your poker career did you feel your greatest satisfaction/vicorty/happiness over winning?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. Have you ever mentored and/or backed someone? If mentoring, how far along have they come? Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Furyshade is a protégé of mine who got into poker because I taught him how to play. He's done very well. He can talk about his results if he wants to. I've been helping out a few other people but I wouldn't consider them a student of mine. I just like helping people out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a way I consider myself a 'student' of gobbos. I had a few people mentor me along the way but I will always think of gobbo as the person who had the greatest influence and impact on my game (as well as Twisted Echo from our all night skype sessions). I use my 2+2 name on poker sites so feel free to look up my pokerdb results (on Stars and FTP particularly). They're not stellar but not bad, especially when you consider my first real money deposit was almost exactly one year ago. I guess I'm one of those people he feels he merely helped along the way. I've always given gobbo and echo the credit for where my game is today and doubt that will ever change in my mind.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:47 PM

Gobbo,

Three questions for your well.

1) You want to stake me in the WSOP ME, right? (note: correct answer is "yes")

2) Do you think three 2+2ers are enough for a Vegas house or do we need more? If we got a bunch we could start our own poker fraternity, call it phi alpha gamma, and win lots of poker tournaments and then get a spot during next year's WSOP. Come on, you know you wanna.

3) You want to be in the hot tub pic, right? RIGHT?!?!?! (note: correct answer is "yes")
Old 12-20-2006, 12:56 PM

Gobbo, If you make a trip through Colorado I'll take you to the Outback where my wife and I go about 1x/week.

Blooming Onion, Outback Special, and Chocolate Thunder Down Under on me!
Old 12-20-2006, 02:21 PM

augie lolll. Did you warn your gf yet how people from NY are [censored]?
Old 12-20-2006, 03:04 PM

Why do you sleep so late? We're waiting for answers.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:25 PM

[censored]
Old 12-20-2006, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. Have you ever mentored and/or backed someone? If mentoring, how far along have they come? Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Furyshade is a protégé of mine who got into poker because I taught him how to play. He's done very well. He can talk about his results if he wants to. I've been helping out a few other people but I wouldn't consider them a student of mine. I just like helping people out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

woot, i get a mention, anyway, for anyone curious about the gobbo training program, i knew him pre-poker from magic online for a few years, he stopped playing magic for poker slowly and i started watching him, for my birthday he gave me $20 and started teaching me micro limit LHE and micro tournaments, and really underolled sit n gos, i busted what he gave me, then busted $50 twice, then he gave me $100 which i refused to bust, and i didnt, from then on when i got deep in tournaments id go on skype with him, gobbo is an awesome teacher, he and a few others helped me win my first tournament, stars 3r for 6.5k, gobbo is a really good teacher, the only time i haven't thought he is 100% right about everything if it is right after he got horribly beat and is tilted, and even then he is right most of the time, thanks gobbo!