Default Re: PartyPoker VIP cabin fever

$900 or $2,500 more
Old 02-09-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how many guests can I take? I want to take three, but I'm guessing that's pushing it. Any minimum age of guests? I'm 21 so that's covered. When should I expect to see details in my email or account page?

I'll be calling them in the near future anyway to verify everything, but just want to see how much you guys know.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 guest free. Each additional guest (up to 4 total in the cabin) is $600.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, thanks. Do you know of minimum age? Is 18 okay? Is 17 okay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Im only 19 I called Party poker to see if it was ok if I brought another friend that was 19 and they said that as long as you are both 18+ it was ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I Just checked the Holland America Website and it says:

Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or chaperone who is at least 25 years old; one adult chaperone is required for every five people under the age of 21. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to guests under age 21. Due to limited medical facilities on the ships, we will not accept reservations for infants 12 weeks or younger.

Minors under age 18 traveling to certain foreign countries must be accompanied by both parents or have a notarized letter of consent signed by the parent(s) not traveling. If the other parent is deceased or the child has only one legal parent, a notarized statement must be obtained as proof. Your travel agent can provide additional information about this requirement.

PLEASE NOTE: In an effort to prevent international child abduction, many governments have initiated procedures at entry and exit points. These often include requiring documentary evidence of relationship and permission for the child's travel from the parent(s) or legal guardian if not present. Having such documentation on hand, even if not required, may facilitate entry or departure. For specific information regarding the country you are traveling to, please visit http://travel.state.gov for country-by-country information.

Parents, guardians and chaperones are responsible for overseeing the conduct of minors in their care. As such, minors may not be left unsupervised on board the ship.

This directly contradicts what party poker support told me. I am Totally confused. I will be calling Holland America tomorrow morning to figure this all out. I don't think i know anyone i want to bring who's atleast 25!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:36 PM

The cruise is a card player cruise, and they say the minimum age is 18. Man this is confusing.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:52 PM

Just a little FYI for everyone. the prize fund for the freerolls has been downgraded. apparently we are getting the 200$ downgrade cabin now.

on the freeroll today they say the cabin is a 2300$ value as opposed to 2500$.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a little FYI for everyone. the prize fund for the freerolls has been downgraded. apparently we are getting the 200$ downgrade cabin now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations to winning a cabin!

Unfortunately we do no longer have any Deluxe Veranda outside Cabins available but you will be booked into an outside Stateroom instead and we will refund $200 to you. Therefore you will receive $700 not just $500 next week. If you would like to downgrade to an inside Stateroom you will receive $400.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:08 PM

Ok so WTF is that other prize...an entry to the tourney or a better cabin?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:17 PM

set gets drawn out on the river, then JJ loses to Q9
no carribean for me
Old 02-10-2006, 06:37 AM

your welcome to whoever I donked my chips off to tonight (2/9)...I was burned out and never should have played, but cannot reschedule a freeroll...I will do my best tomorrow
Old 02-10-2006, 06:44 AM

Did anyone recieve an email or anything from party after winning the cabin? I won today and haven't got anything yet.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations to winning a cabin!

Unfortunately we do no longer have any Deluxe Veranda outside Cabins available but you will be booked into an outside Stateroom instead and we will refund $200 to you. Therefore you will receive $700 not just $500 next week. If you would like to downgrade to an inside Stateroom you will receive $400.

[/ QUOTE ]

My email said the exact same thing except that last sentence was not there. Weird.