Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: ***Official Buffalo Sabres 2006-07 Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Paetsch, what kind of PP QB is he? He has exactly 0 goals and only 41 shots in 46 games this year. Don't teams usually want a PP QB who can, I don't know....shoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's only been there for a few weeks, but he's had a ton of assists, mostly on point shots that become easy rebounds. Their PP was absolutely wretched until they stuck him on the point, they've been on fire ever since.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no chance the Sabres re-sign both Drury and Briere.

This is their year to go for it all - they will have a solid team next year, but like the Senators last year, this will be their most potent roster for the next 2-3 years at least, so it's time to win now.

I'm just perplexed at adding Zubrus when it seems they need more physical players - I may be wrong. Zubrus is a good down low presence but he doesn't hit anyone, and his numbers are inflated from playing with Ovechkin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never say never. Teppo's 2 mil will be off the table, we'll see how Zubrus turns out. Roy and Vanek have earned raises, but the cap is supposed to go up to 55 next year. If they win it this year, then I predict they don't both return, if they don't we'll see. I think alot has to do with Connolly as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caps going up. But closer to 48mil than 55. Quinn already said we aren't spending to it next year.

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/sabres...056224707.html
Old 02-27-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no chance the Sabres re-sign both Drury and Briere.

This is their year to go for it all - they will have a solid team next year, but like the Senators last year, this will be their most potent roster for the next 2-3 years at least, so it's time to win now.

I'm just perplexed at adding Zubrus when it seems they need more physical players - I may be wrong. Zubrus is a good down low presence but he doesn't hit anyone, and his numbers are inflated from playing with Ovechkin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never say never. Teppo's 2 mil will be off the table, we'll see how Zubrus turns out. Roy and Vanek have earned raises, but the cap is supposed to go up to 55 next year. If they win it this year, then I predict they don't both return, if they don't we'll see. I think alot has to do with Connolly as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caps going up. But closer to 48mil than 55. Quinn already said we aren't spending to it next year.

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/sabres...056224707.html

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't trust a word he says. They said they wouldn't do it this year either. It all depends on what happens in the playoffs in my opinion. If they win, they won't go crazy, if they lose, I think they'll try real hard to keep them both.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:27 PM

Not an injury. But, the Sabres luck is rolling. Briere is out sick. Probably a flu.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paetsch, what kind of PP QB is he? He has exactly 0 goals and only 41 shots in 46 games this year. Don't teams usually want a PP QB who can, I don't know....shoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has only been in the role of point on PP for less than 10 games or so, and I dont have stats to show, but our PP has been greatly improved since he took over...

...and Numinen has like 1 goal I think this year so he hasnt done [censored] on the point....Paetsch has energized the PP by putting good quality shots that are getting through leaving good rebounds for Drury and Vanek to punch in...

...Ill assume you are going off stats and not ACTUALLY watching the games....
Old 02-27-2007, 10:02 PM

yes, I don't have access to the games. I am actually looking for a unkown D I can pick up in my hockey draft that may get me some points...Not many people have heard of Paetsch.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:11 PM

This is a sick performance so far. Who needs Briere and Drury?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a sick performance so far. Who needs Briere and Drury?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they're looking good tonight. It IS the Laffs, though. Still, the Rochester kids are getting some valuable game experience and confidence, and they're all looking very comfortable out there.

--Scott
Old 02-27-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was suprised too, considering we already have a really big forward who doesn't hit (kotalik)

also note with the forward depth the sabres have and how well hecht/pominville/briere play 2 way hockey, zubrus will end up on the 2nd or 3rd line and play with connolly/vanek/afinogenov/drury against non top defensive pairings.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a sick performance so far. Who needs Briere and Drury, Afinegenov, Kotalik, Spacek, Connolly, Gaustad, Paille?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP