Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
I ran into a problem last night. Almost every time I had it open a table for me the first table it opened was "Ace Ventura". This is not the table I clicked on for SS to open for me. I would simply close the table and have it open the table again at it was okay. Like I said this happened most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had this been working OK for you before? Was the gametype selected in PartyPoker? Did you ever use TweakUI to have your system focus the window that is below the mouse? If so that might mess up our Table Open script.

-Ben
Old 07-24-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 other very useful feature

1) By the way (and maybe this is something to pass along to whoever's doing the 'cache' work for you): SS should have some way to employ a filter, like PAH does. E.g. it would be great if, when it came across a table that has 6 people seated (whether it be a SH table, or simply a half-full 10max table), it ONLY used PT stats from hands with a user-defined number of players; in fact, the PAH filter system is pretty perfect...it lets you customize any number of filters, and applies them depending on how many ppl r seated at the table that is scanned.

2) There should be an easy way to let the user specify a MIN number of players that a table needs to even be considered by SS in the first place. For example, I don't care at all about tables with 3 or less people, so I want to tell SS to simply ignore them, so that it doesn't spend its resources scanning players seated there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teddy, thanks for the suggestions, I've added them to my list. -Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, also don't miss the much more important suggestions I made in my 6:20 post above.

By the way, the problem I and other users are having with SS opening up the wrong table is caused by the user not having the correct game-level selected in the Party tree view. You could easily solve this annoyance by making SS jump to the correct game level in the Party tree-view.
It surely couldn't be all that hard to have SS recognize when a user is clicking on a 20/40 table, for example, and before it tries to open that table in Party, make sure that the correct stakes (20/40) are selected in the tree view. It doesn't even have to be the specific stakes...you could even just have it select all LHE games. It seems that SS, if it can't find an exact table name match, simply opens the closest thing it can find...it shouldn't do that.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:41 AM

I tried re-reading the thread, but it is just too long. I downloaded and registered the alpha, I configured the databases, and I can see the tables (and the number of hands/stats the players have) but no fish scores arepopulating. Am I missing something simple? This is for LHE, I think when I played arround and had some NL selected I saw a fish score or two. I am at work atm so I cannot verify that.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried re-reading the thread, but it is just too long. I downloaded and registered the alpha, I configured the databases, and I can see the tables (and the number of hands/stats the players have) but no fish scores arepopulating. Am I missing something simple? This is for LHE, I think when I played arround and had some NL selected I saw a fish score or two. I am at work atm so I cannot verify that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are looking for 6max LHE, we didnt have those scoring rules up yet, but they will be in the next update (very soon) Feel free to use customized scoring and the buddy list until then.

I was talking to Ben and he said that the LHE 6max scoring is done, we just have to implement it, so expect it very soon.

Enjoy!
-Dan
Old 07-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Dan, Can you explain how the scoring rules are applied to NL 6max? Would be greatly interested to see how the players are rated, as I have looked over the data I have vs the scoring and really can't find similarities that make it easy to guess.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are looking for 6max LHE, we didnt have those scoring rules up yet, but they will be in the next update (very soon) Feel free to use customized scoring and the buddy list until then.

I was talking to Ben and he said that the LHE 6max scoring is done, we just have to implement it, so expect it very soon.

Enjoy!
-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's 6-max. SWEET!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:53 PM

Just downloaded and it seems pretty good so far except I cannot widen the window, I can only see up too winsd, I can scroll to see the rest of the figures but it just wont let me resize it.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:27 PM

Is there any way to import a buddy list other than using the Party notes? I have notes on the good players as well as the fish. Needless to say I don't want to use this software to search for the good players. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way to import a buddy list other than using the Party notes? I have notes on the good players as well as the fish. Needless to say I don't want to use this software to search for the good players. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A multiselect or select all button for those that do bring in the full notes list and want to delete them again as well.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:54 PM

Any way that you could update the table as you pull data?

When I play from the office, I'm connecting over the Internet to my postgre database and it takes _forever_ to query 200+ tables.