Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Portugal - France

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else hoping that C. Ronaldo comes up with a huge performance to silent the haters tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

He made a performance alright.

A few of them, in fact.

pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually he had a fantastic game. pwned
Old 07-05-2006, 07:39 PM

I thought France looked totally inept with the ball in the second half, but their back line was tremendous today. Cristiano had a good game, 3 or 4 excellent runs that just fizzled at the end. Penalty was rightly deserved, France didn't play amazingly well, but Portugal didn't have much the entire game.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else hoping that C. Ronaldo comes up with a huge performance to silent the haters tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

He made a performance alright.

A few of them, in fact.

pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually he had a fantastic game. pwned

[/ QUOTE ]

weakest sauce ever.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:53 PM

So you think he had a bad game?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the moment that made me dislike henry was after the barca-arsenal champions league game when he said "Maybe next time I’ll learn to dive, but I’m not a woman, so I want to stay on my feet."

keep in mind this was after a game where his team absouletely threw the game away and the only goal they scored was off one of the top 5 most blatent dives ive ever seen in my entire life. 38 seconds in.

the only indisputable dive that game was by his own player, and it was completely ugly, and it completely changed the game.

since then, henry, instead of just horribly mistiming a quote, seems to have just abandoned it, seeing as hes gotten away with like 15 dives this world cup, including the one today that got france the goal. athletes like henry are just funny in what giant giant hypocrites they really are.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

You are dumber than I had previously thought possible. Wow.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:38 PM

Re: Christiano Ronaldo

Ronaldo had a very good game. I don't know about "fantastic" but he was very good. He wsa certainly the most lively Portual attacker and... well he was pretty much the only Purtugal attacker that moved around and did anything. He won a lot of corners.

With that said, he dives a LOT. It's pathetic.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:58 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

which part was dumb? the factual statement? the video backing up the factual statement? the only part you could possibly dispute is my statement that henry's foul was anything but a foul. if me saying that makes me "dumber than previously thought" your "intelligence meter" needs a massive overhaul.

rj

ps. insulting someone else's intelligence because they disagree with you is pretty much an auto -10 to the iq. enjoy!

pps. did you actually watch the game in question?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:10 PM

The part of it which is stupid is hating a soccer player because you think he dives. Newsflash, players on every single professional team dive to some extent, including many on your favorite team. Do you hate them as well? That is hypocritical, it doesn't make sense at all to single Henry out when relative to the soccer world he is pretty average on that scale.

It's almost like hating a rival baseball team because you think their players use steroids. Well, players on every team use steroids. It's the same thing with diving. Some players are more reprehensible with the frequency of their BS and the way they roll around screaming and clutching their ankles, but it's a silly reason to hate Henry.

And if you think he dived on the PK call today, wow. It would be incredibly irrational to hold that against Henry.

and yes, i did watch the CL final
Old 07-05-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
including the one (dive) today that got france the goal

[/ QUOTE ]

hate has made you blind. He was clearly kicked.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:18 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
The part of it which is stupid is hating a soccer player because you think he dives. Newsflash, players on every single professional team dive to some extent, including many on your favorite team. Do you hate them as well? That is hypocritical, it doesn't make sense at all to single Henry out when relative to the soccer world he is pretty average on that scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

not reading someones post and then calling them stupid rules...

as i said in my original post, my problem with henry is that he went on this mini campaign against diving(ex. his comment to french newspapers[quoted in the orig post if you missed it, you must have], and his nike joga bonito commercial where they talk about "the beautiful game" and how "diving isnt a part of henry;s game"). my point is that henry is both a tremendously vocal opponent of diving(as long as its the other team) as well as a giant diver himself. this annoys me. i think i made it clear that the part that pissed me off most was in that CL game he was talking about with the "i dont dive because im not a woman" quote, the only goal his team got was setup by a dive. i guess this would be interesting if you hadnt read it, but i assumed(wrongly) that you had the first time around. i guess this review of the post i made like an hour ago was necessary?

rj