Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2006, 12:23 AM

Default I\'m starting to hate n00bs

--no one cares about your blog
--no one cares about pronouncements of future poker essays from you.
--no one cares about your winrate
--no one cares about your starting hand requirements
--no one cares how awesome you are, how much you suck, about your bad beats, about your funny/peculiar hands.

PAY YOUR DUES.

Read the forum FIRST. Post hands. Comment on hands. Be nice. You can't get away with being an arrogant old prick until you have 2K posts.

Convert your bleeping hands. I converted my hands, by hand, for a long time here because my site didn't have a converter. If I open a thread, and see the hand isn't converted, I just close it back up and don't even read it; and I know alot of others do the same.

This forum is so noisy. 12 n00bs come here everyday and start new threads that are topics answered every day around here. I think SSNL is the second most active forum behind OOT at 2p2. 70% of this forum is Noise.

(Forum split anyone? 50NL and below, microstakes; 100-200NL smallstakes?)

Realize that the vets, the people that could actually help you, aren't arrogant but are jaded by n00b nonsense. When you see the same thing every day, asked by a new person every day:

--Hey everyone, where do you play/where should I play
--Hey everyone, what's your winrate
--Hey, what should my bankroll be
--Hey, should I move up/move down/quit poker
--Hey everyone, I'm new to poker, and I've played 1800 hands and have been killing the game, and I just quit college and now I'm a pro, and my mom wants me to get a job and move out of the basement, should I move up to NL25

Get the point?

There's about 20 good posters on the board, who you should read, and try to get involved in thread discussions where they are present. There's about 25-30 or so others who are decent. The rest are just noise.

Get some street cred before you start trying to throw your weight around and spouting nonsense.

That is all.

/end rant