Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

If it makes you feel any better I was headed to the East Coast [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stacks under $50 to push with very marginal hands just to either double or triple up or go broke so they can rebuy. This is something that is very exploitable in a game where a rule like this is in place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't fully considered this angle.
Could definitely be exploitable and awesome.

Still a problem when YOU are the one stuck sitting there with only $15 or something though.
But perhaps the crappy decisions of the other short-stacked opponents makes up for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Derby Lane has changed their rebuy policy in the 1/2 NL $100 min/max buy-in. You can rebuy in increments of $20 back to $100 anytime you are at or under $80.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:35 PM

Played 5 hours at TAMPA DOWNS and pocketed $146........lost with Q-Q vs A-K in a pot race for a $260 pot and lost or would have walked with $400.

Played a short stint at DERBY LANE later and picked up a C-note.

Taking tommorrow off............maybe.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:41 PM

Have been 4 days now and have not had a losing session yet. Only had to rebuy twice in that time. Keep hearing about all these players leaving with 1000 dollars at the end of the night but have only been able to get in a few hours at a time. Up 820 in 9 hours over 4 days.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have been 4 days now and have not had a losing session yet. Only had to rebuy twice in that time. Keep hearing about all these players leaving with 1000 dollars at the end of the night but have only been able to get in a few hours at a time. Up 820 in 9 hours over 4 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good hourly..
Old 07-08-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep it up guys, games are pretty soft around town
Old 07-08-2007, 01:16 AM

Wait times at HHR are redic. +2k since July 1st. Fist pump.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:26 AM

3 nights in a row at Jasper/Hamilton Jai Alai & Poker.

Not to sound redundant but the games are ridiculously soft. First night was the best as it wasn't uncommon to see 5-6 limpers and the SB making it 25 to go w/ A5o and getting 3 callers.

Still haven't had to be put on a waiting list for a game so that's a good sign. There is some uncertainty to interpretation of the new rules. Some dealers allow players that came from a broken table to sit w/ their entire stack, others only allow the 100. None of the dealers have had a problem with me buying in for an extra $30 right off the bat and putting any amount over the $100 in my pocket to be brought out once I drop below $100.

Like other posters have said, it really sucks to play this game shortstacked as you generally can't see a flop + cbet for less than 40% your stack. All 3 nights I've had to buy-in for around 200 before finally taking down a pot to get my stack snowballing.

1st night: 6 hrs +380
2nd night: 5 hrs +40 (lost 2 $250+ coinflip pots all-in on flop)
3rd night: 4 hrs +410

Overall I've just been playing nitty as hell and seeing cheap flops in position. Seen a few LAG players that have had some success but their stacks seem to dwindle w/ all the calling stations and short stacks.

Any other 2+2'ers play here? I'd probably recognize ya given the ratio of decent players to fish.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:28 AM

Had my first losing session yesterday at The Isle. Got AA cracked by QQ for about a $90 loss and caught up about half of that to come out $43 loser, which actually makes me a losing player in three 2-hour sessions. I am sure that if I were playing longer sessions I'd be doing better, but my playing time is limited.

Anyway, the Isle was PACKED an hour after they opened yesterday and they were scrambling for dealers. I am thinking about telling my unemployed cousin to become a dealer down here. He might end up doing better moneywise than with a real job.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:33 AM

I drove over to the Isle yesterday to get there about opening time, and I could find a parking space anywhere close to the entrance, so I knew it was going to be packed. So for the third time this week, I said screw it and drove to Mardi Gras. Yeah, the pokerroom is ugly, just a cordoned-off area in an airplane hangar basically. But so what? New tables, new chairs, new chips, free sandwiches, short wait list, friendly and competent staff, soft games.