Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: The mark of the douchebag

I'd say the tattoo one resonates with people because so many idiots get tattoo's "because they're like, totally rad!", then they double the idiocy by getting a SWEET tribal tattoo.

A tattoo that is meaningful is cool, and that usually means it's not generic which will then subtly tell anybody that doesn't know what it means that it's not douchey.

My main gripe is people with phone holsters. Though you could very well not be a douche, so I'll also throw out anybody that has the American flag front and center on their t-shirt or hat. I proudly own and display an American flag at my house (well, I used to before I gave it to my buddy after he shipped to Iraq) but when I see that apparel/sticker I usually get pissy. American flag pin is acceptable.

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who drives a bmw or audi

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is beyond stupid.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) if you were in the military

[/ QUOTE ]

OK... wait, WTF? Whatever you're politics are, I understand disliking war to one degree or another, but you actually have a beef with the soldiers themselves? Really, honestly, WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking a cue from Nielso.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:05 PM

I think a lot of people in this thread are confused by the definition of "douchebag".

So far the clearest ones I've seen are the bluetooth headsets and (especially) the Calvin-pissing stickers. Some of these other things may indicate a lame, boring, and/or misguided person, but when I think "douchebag" I think a certain degree of self-assured obnoxiousness.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
emon,

I'm gonna be honest and say that people who wear sports jerseys to game generally suck - I don't think that makes them "douchebags" per se, but that they trend towards being blue-collar weirdos. I have not a single friend who has ever worn a team player jersey to a sporting event, ever. But I do see a lot of guys with mullets and wispy mustaches sporting them along with their sweet jeans shorts and tennis shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be a regional thing. Wearing a Chiefs Shirt to Arrowhead Stadium is almost requried.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here with the cardinals. personally, I have never worn a jersey, and dont own any and think its lame, but at least 75% of guys at a cards game have one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You [censored] people (even though you specifically don't wear the stuff) embarrass the hell out of the Royals each and every Royals/Cards game. Make the stadium look like a Chiefs game! Luckily, I'm a Cards fan, so I just laugh at how much 'our' team sucks.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely agree with the Bluetooth and collars..

Add..

- People with the Jesus fish on their car.

[/ QUOTE ]

better?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of people in this thread are confused by the definition of "douchebag".

So far the clearest ones I've seen are the bluetooth headsets and (especially) the Calvin-pissing stickers. Some of these other things may indicate a lame, boring, and/or misguided person, but when I think "douchebag" I think a certain degree of self-assured obnoxiousness.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, this has definitly turned into a, what annoys me, thread.

also, i don't know if people still have these, but the No Fear stickers.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:18 PM

SIR I WILL SEE YOUR NO FEAR STICKER AND RAISE YOU A NO FEAR TAT!

I'm not sure if douchebag is the best description, but when you get what is functionally a corporate logo tatooed on yourself, it sure says SOMETHING.

The Calvin sticker is a good one because it's just so [censored] anti the spirit of the comics that it means you either didn't get it, or were just like "tee hee Denance the Menance is peeing on something". Either way it's sort of unintentionally flaunting your ignorance, which is unsightly.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:18 PM

KotOD,

This thread caught my eyes.

Guys that wear clip on suspenders.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely agree with the Bluetooth and collars..

Add..

- People with the Jesus fish on their car.

[/ QUOTE ]

better?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is much more douchy than a Jesus fish, and actually one of the first things I thought of when someone mentioned bumper stickers.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:24 PM

The Darwin fish is awesome the first time you see it, but in a place like Seattle, they're a little pervasive and just stale.

There's also one where a TRUTH fish eats the Darwin fish that just tilts the everloving [censored] out of me.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Calvin sticker is a good one because it's just so [censored] anti the spirit of the comics that it means you either didn't get it, or were just like "tee hee Denance the Menance is peeing on something". Either way it's sort of unintentionally flaunting your ignorance, which is unsightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preach. Agree 100%.