Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: if you can give a little money to try to defeat Jon Kyle

No, actually is 124. Not fantastic, but nowhere near average. I have many friends who have IQs in the 150-160 range. The difference being they don't bring it up at every waking opportunity to "prove something". Life isn't about IQs. I'm not offended, nor wish I had a 160. Frankly, the higher IQ you have, the more likely you are to go insane because nobody understands you and can relate to you. I would not wish that upon myself.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:41 AM

chex ok you are being honest there. you are right, 124 is above average. Also i never said iq was the be all and end all, it is what you do with it.

but you did not attack me because i said my iq, you attacked me because i am repub and you are Demo. Look, why must we be so personal, we are freaking poker players here and both want to be free to play online or otherwise. Maybe we disagree on how to get that done but we are on the same team.

look, if you want to be against me then i can never change that. My iq is 160, i did not ask for it to be that high, hell, many on this site have higher iq's. furthermore, there is a lot more to intelligence than iq, if an iq test is correct, even a great education will not effect the score. Certainly an education matters.

I do NOT go around bragging about my iq. I stated a fact, computed by the military (not online) simply because someone attacked me. Yeah you are right, I probably should have not mentioned it, but i don't think it is some great acheivement, it is not an acheivement at all. I wish i never mentioned it. But if you say i am lying, you are wrong, i do not lie.

look, this is a political argument, I wish to keep it that way. I think Repubicans,for all their faults, are better for this country. Others on this site are for Democrats. I personally don't think they are being logical but that is my humble opinion. Why don't we keep this discussion civil?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:47 AM

We all (including myself) sound like we have IQ's of 90. We really need to stay on topic.

[ QUOTE ]
why must we be so personal, we are freaking poker players here and both want to be free to play online or otherwise. Maybe we disagree on how to get that done but we are on the same team.

[/ QUOTE ]

A) I am not a Democrat
B) Education matters to an extent. Some of the richest people in the world have no formal education. Some of the poorest people in the world are incredibly smart, intellectuals.
C) You're right, you should not have mentioned it, no bearing in any of this.
This was all civil, until I keep hearing ramblings about nothing. No offense, but your arguments on previous pages weren't that great. Not many of us have divulged whether we are Rep or Dem. We are for online gaming. There are plenty of great reasons to vote Republican or Democrat, but both have severe flaws(we all knows this, this is old news). Giving money to Pederson is a great thing. As mentioned before, it shows we are being "go-getters" and not sitting around. There shouldn't be a problem with donating to something we want. Whether you win or lose doesn't matter, it's the decision that counts. You dont always win that hand you played flawlessly do you?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:59 PM

We need to stay on topic here. Enough with everyone arguing with each other.

Cowboy - No one else seems to share your thoughts here, nor do I see anyone siding with you about the IQ stuff, etc. You are standing alone in your arguements. Either take it to a different forum or don't post at all.

I'm not tyring to get on you or criticize you, just stating the facts. You are not helping the situation at all, nor bringing anything positive to the table at this point.

Any updates on the polls, money donated, etc. would be great. Ideas about political progress in the future is what this is supposed to about.....
Old 11-06-2006, 07:15 PM

$20 sent from me.

were at 10,930
Old 11-06-2006, 07:31 PM

Maybe I'm being silly but I think raising ten grand in a week from a thread on an internet baord aimed at people that are not particularly politically active is fairly impressive.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:48 PM

Mods, clean up this thread.

MJF says so.

Old 11-07-2006, 06:00 AM

Default Re: If you can give a little money to try to defeat Jon Kyl

Hmm. We're at $10,950. If a couple more people donated $25 (even at this last minute), we'd hit the $11,000 mark:

http://www.actblue.com/page/pokerplayers

At this late stage, this would not be to change the race. Instead a couple people would do it to get their name added to the list of donors and to get our total contribution to $11,000. Again, I think a lot of us will continue to refer to this to other politicians no matter how this race turns out.