Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: An Amazing Life

[ QUOTE ]
You are twisting things around luckyme...I said faith is by hearing...The word is the bread of life...so you can't experience the bread of life from another book any more than someone else can eat a piece of bread for you and you have the benefit of that bread....

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is simpler than you're making it. Even today there are christians who haven't read the bible, in the past it would the majority, and at one time it would have been all of them.

Think of the history of reading and printing, etc, before answering.

luckyme
Old 09-22-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'Splendour, god doesn't exist and you should stop believing in him. I read it in a book. I also have no interest in reading any of your material, or paying attention to any of your arguments because I know I am right because I believe.'

[/ QUOTE ]
Whose argument is this though? Certainly not mine and not that of others on here.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
'Splendour, god doesn't exist and you should stop believing in him. I read it in a book. I also have no interest in reading any of your material, or paying attention to any of your arguments because I know I am right because I believe.'

[/ QUOTE ]
Whose argument is this though? Certainly not mine and not that of others on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's brad's.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:20 PM

It's his own argument, tpir, reflected back at him.

By the way, they're right - quit feeding the you-know-what...
Old 09-22-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tpir I just don't believe your assertions...you are just on here playing mind games with apparently nothing better to do...making arguments for the sake of arguing and not to learn anything...

[/ QUOTE ]
You have yet to directly discuss any of my questions so how could you possibly know what my intentions are? And I am very much open to learning. Are you? It certainly doesn't seem that way with your current preach-and-run style of posting.

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't think I'm making good arguments then go in a thread that does...But you're here for the mindless arguing and confusion and attention...What no attention at home?

[/ QUOTE ]
See, you are taking it personally again. And you missed the point, namely, if you aren't going to play by the rules then *you* should not be starting threads or posting at all because it ends up being spam. Are you capable of having an open and honest discussion, yes or no?

[ QUOTE ]
You are no authority on critical thinking yourself just because you keep leveling that charge at everyone...

[/ QUOTE ]
I never claimed to be, but I know an awful argument that insults me when I see it. "I can't find Jesus' grave therefore he must have been raptured" is an example along these lines. The discussion will never go anywhere if you aren't going to be reasonable. If you ever want to actually discuss these things, let me know and I would be happy to elaborate.

[ QUOTE ]
Go make your own thread if you have your own ideas to discuss...Let's see how good your ideas are...

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I will. The reason I get on yours and Brad's case is that you present no challenge at all. Instead of throwing scripture at us and then waiting for us to be in awe, why not ask some questions. Take some time to learn about the opposing view. I have learned a lot about Christianity and religion in general from reading this forum. Can you even properly define atheism? Evolution? Can you tell me anything about Islam or Baha'ii? I doubt that you can. If you aren't interested in having an open and rational discussion, then you should seriously just go away. Nothing personal, I get the feeling that everyone who posts on here is a swell person in real life [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's brad's.

[/ QUOTE ]
I get it now, I misread it badly the first time. Midday sun on the monitor [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 04:41 PM

luckyme I answered your last post earlier today but due to a computer malfunction it didn't post...

I can't say for certain what happened to people several hundred years ago because I can't pass a judgmentary opinion..I haven't got the authority for that...faith is by hearing and they would have had church services available to them
Old 09-22-2007, 04:48 PM

From Tpir:
but I know an awful argument that insults me when I see it. "I can't find Jesus' grave therefore he must have been raptured" is an example along these lines.

-there was no grave...Jesus's body was entombed...And God decreed his actual physical body would not see corruption...So Christians have eyewitness verification on this...events even in courts of law today are frequently verified by eyewitness testimony...

Maybe you could look up Don Piper's book 90 Minutes in Heaven...Piper actually went to heaven after being declared dead by 7 or 8 EMTs...this happened back in the 1980s...maybe you can find an Internet article on it...
Old 09-22-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
luckyme I answered your last post earlier today but due to a computer malfunction it didn't post...

I can't say for certain what happened to people several hundred years ago because I can't pass a judgmentary opinion..I haven't got the authority for that...faith is by hearing and they would have had church services available to them

[/ QUOTE ]

life advice
Old 09-22-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From Tpir:
but I know an awful argument that insults me when I see it. "I can't find Jesus' grave therefore he must have been raptured" is an example along these lines.

-there was no grave...Jesus's body was entombed...And God decreed his actual physical body would not see corruption...So Christians have eyewitness verification on this...events even in courts of law today are frequently verified by eyewitness testimony...

Maybe you could look up Don Piper's book 90 Minutes in Heaven...Piper actually went to heaven after being declared dead by 7 or 8 EMTs...this happened back in the 1980s...maybe you can find an Internet article on it...

[/ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you address the rest of my post? I will talk about this specific topic *after* you answer some of my other questions. That is how a discussion works. So, are you interested in having an open and honest discussion? You are implicitly saying "no" when you repeatedly respond to me like this. Last chance...

Edit: wait a second, I can't let this go by:
[ QUOTE ]
Piper actually went to heaven after being declared dead by 7 or 8 EMTs...this happened back in the 1980s

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. gg.