Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: September Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Howmany,

Are those exact W/L numbers? Why do they look like they've rounded to the nearest $100?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I did round them. I just assume that the random amounts above/below the nearest 100 will even themselves out voer the long run.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:06 PM

I made my first (and last) trip to Hollywood Park Saturday to try out the 15 game there. It sucked hard. Floorman said it was because of the Jewish holiday, but I'm not buying that.

Two tables, both playing very tight. One is the must-move, and the main game is losing a player about once every 90 minutes or so. I make myself stick it out because I drove all this way, and maybe it will pick up after 9:00 or so. It doesn't.

This is the only pot in a two-hour stretch that had more than three players:

Guy in SB has just busted, and took a button so he could go try to win enough at the asian games to rebuy. Another guy leaves. Two new players at the table, who post. So out of eight seats, five have posted a small or large blind (HP 2/3 structure). I pick up AA in the BB. 3bet preflop. I win.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:01 PM

"Hi, can you put 'Sean S' up for 20/40 and 40/80?"

"Sure Sean"

"Is the 40 game going?"

"Yes"

Get to Ocean's no 40 game. I just sat in traffic for an hour for nothing. List is like 8 people long and 6 of them are in the 20 game which means basically 0% that they'll start a 40. I guess they thought I would be their unpaid prop for 20 or a NL game. They thought wrong because here I am after driving home at turbo speed. When it rains it pours.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Hi, can you put 'Sean S' up for 20/40 and 40/80?"

"Sure Sean"

"Is the 40 game going?"

"Yes"

Get to Ocean's no 40 game. I just sat in traffic for an hour for nothing. List is like 8 people long and 6 of them are in the 20 game which means basically 0% that they'll start a 40. I guess they thought I would be their unpaid prop for 20 or a NL game. They thought wrong because here I am after driving home at turbo speed. When it rains it pours.

[/ QUOTE ]

That cardroom has been pissing me off for a while which partially explains why you never see me. My last call was on thursday night late after work. "Do you have a 40 going?" "No." "How about a 20?" "No, we have 8/16." Click.

If you are bored Sean I am home with the kids and have like a zillion computers if you wanna have a mutual online sweat session.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 AM

Thanks for the offer but it would probably be best for me to have a day where I don't play poker and having no live game to play gives me a good excuse.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:55 AM

hahahaha can someone translate please?

"Go some balls and become smarted then the donk. Call me.
=) "

This is the advice Crazy Mike gave me when I asked him how he plays so many tables of HU. My eyes are watering because I'm laughing so hard trying to figure it out.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hahahaha can someone translate please?

Go some balls and become smarted then the donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grow some balls and become smarter than the donk.

So you need to a) sack up; and b) improve your strategy against the poor player.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:06 AM

Yes but I'm still very confused as to how this will help me to play 4 tables of HU LHE without heavy drug use.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:18 AM

brag: just got sick lucky against someone. I know pf is thin here but I basically go berserk on the button in 15/30 if the blinds don't play back really hard.

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 7s 5c (full house, fives full of sevens).
SB has Jh Qh (flush, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.50 BB. </font>

I really want to get good at HU but it's just so unbelievably frustrating. Was playihng someone realy bad 10/20 earlier and had him down to $30 after I raised him on the turn. He proceeds to river me in this pot and then win like 80 bets from me by winning every pot
before I give up thoroughly annoyed with the turning of the tides. He was like the perfect opponent at first, folding a lot pf, folding tons to flop c/r but once he started running well he got more brave and started to take shots at me, aka not playing like [censored].
Old 09-25-2007, 02:17 AM

Made 150bbs playing computer texas today.
Closed Thread