Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 10:51 AM
 is offline

Default A suggestion

First I just want to say Great work! Really awesome! I am forever grateful.

If I would make a wish for the next version it would be that it was possible to minimize it to system tray.

Again, thanks!
Old 03-22-2006, 04:11 PM

Default Re: A suggestion

[ QUOTE ]
If I would make a wish for the next version it would be that it was possible to minimize it to system tray.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I agree fully that it would be much better if the application itself would minimise to the system tray (one day I will fix this up for all my applications, as they all should really minimise to the system tray, but just not had time to do it for them yet).

One thing you could try until then is to look for an application called "Tray-it", as this will let you minimise <u>any</u> application to the system tray (I use this all the time to minimise things like media player, etc to the system tray). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2006, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Steps required to use FPHG

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity has anyone figured out a way to keep chat and still take advantage of process guard? I am not by any means adept at configuring processguard and I know some people have experienced this problem as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never had a problem using Party chat or AIM while ProcessGuard is running; it is set up the same way as Juk posted.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:18 PM

Default Re: FPHG v0.01 available

Just wanted to say thanks. Awesome program.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Steps required to use FPHG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just out of curiosity has anyone figured out a way to keep chat and still take advantage of process guard? I am not by any means adept at configuring processguard and I know some people have experienced this problem as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never had a problem using Party chat or AIM while ProcessGuard is running; it is set up the same way as Juk posted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I haven't had any problems using chat either, but I only used the chat once in about the last two months; to ask "did everybody just lagg out then also" and I got answers so guess my chat worked (99.9% of the time I have it turned off).

I have blocked pretty much everything you can using both PG and SnoopFree, but if your chat has stopped I guess you want to allow the low level keyboard hook, as it is this that is most likely causing the no-chat problems.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:14 PM

Thanks, and glad its helpful. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2006, 01:01 AM

I must be a complete idiot, I can tell the program is recording the hand histoires, but I cant find where and poker tracker/poker ace is not showing them.....!????!
Old 03-23-2006, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I must be a complete idiot, I can tell the program is recording the hand histoires, but I cant find where and poker tracker/poker ace is not showing them.....!????!

[/ QUOTE ]
The hand histories should just be getting saved to the folder from wherever you ran FPHG from. So for example if you unzipped it to a folder called "C:\FPHG\" this is where the hands (.hhf) should be appearing.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:25 PM

Default Another PM possibly relevant to others so posted here

The sender of this PM was asking about why the split pots and side pots are sometimes missed and sometimes not:

[ QUOTE ]
It's weird, sometimes the complete hand history is posted with the side pots and main pot but sometimes you only get the first side pot. I don't get it..

[/ QUOTE ]
I know the reason for this: My application does have the ability to add the last little bit on the end of the hand if it sees it before it gets overwritten in memory. If you are not using your PC for anything other than mining (and have a fast PC), then you could try using the -d option and setting it very small (like -d 50) and also make sure you run FreePHG.exe in normal priority mode. To do this replace the contents of run.bat with these lines:

@echo off
start /low FreePHG.exe

Should become:

@echo off
FreePHG.exe -d 50

Then copy run.bat into the folder where you have FreePHG.exe and use run.bat to run it. It will use a lot more CPU time, but will miss the end of hands much less often if you do this.

Old 03-24-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Another PM possibly relevant to others so posted here

I read this thread start to finish and downloaded FPHG yesterday. I sort-of understand the EXE file thing, but I am wondering: what is wrong with simply putting my FPHG folder on my desktop, and in the "Configure Import of Observed Hands" window in PT, point it to that FPHG folder (becuase the HHF files are therein.)

FWIW, I tried doing this, but then when I ran the PT lightning bolt auto-import, PT simply froze up on me (for like an hour before I just got tired of it and shut it down). So then I followed the recommended Empire / .exe file method and it worked fine.

So I guess I'm just wondering just what was wrong with my first attempt?? (and was it responsible for PT freezing up when i tried to auto-import from that folder on my desktop?)