Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: weed
weed 12 100.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: 25k at the 60s in 1 month challenge (Oct props)

[ QUOTE ]
I should have bet him I'd make more money playing 8 tabling the $60s/$100s for a few hours on Fri. and Sat. nights over the same span. That would have been fun - could definitely go either way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? I dont think it would be particularly close.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:27 AM

I can lose money in a month, or I can make $15k. Gravy's range completely covers mine IMO.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:37 AM

Ill take you on that suzzer.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can lose money in a month, or I can make $15k. Gravy's range completely covers mine IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're asserting you could run a 20+% roi on an over 500 game sample?

That seems pretty optimistic and I think itd be pretty hard for gravy to lose money over 6k games or w/e he'd end up playing, and he'd only have to have like 12% of your roi to win.

What do I know though, bet that [censored] next month, Ill be here to take action

Hmm suzzer since you're obv an action hound I think this calls for a November bet regardless of what you do with gravy? Havent thought of the best terms yet but I need motivation to make money.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're asserting you could run a 20+% roi on an over 500 game sample?

That seems pretty optimistic and I think itd be pretty hard for gravy to lose money over 6k games or w/e he'd end up playing, and he'd only have to have like 12% of your roi to win.

What do I know though, bet that [censored] next month, Ill be here to take action

Hmm suzzer since you're obv an action hound I think this calls for a November bet regardless of what you do with gravy? Havent thought of the best terms yet but I need motivation to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok heres an initial spitball, Total Profit me vs you for november, I can only play 1 day on the weekend and can play anytime weekdays, you can play as much as you want weekends...
Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 AM

There is a 100% guarantee that if I bet and try to do this I will run like melted ass. And that's always fun. I honestly think gravy's 50% over/under line is at about $10k. Which would be a very good month for me. So I'd probably want 2-1 odds.

My point was basically just that it's possible to work about 5% as hard as gravy is, for about 50% of what he's making by killing himself.

I really don't have any desire to get into a big bet that would be a big PITA to administer and prove. Nor did I claim I would definitely win. I just thought it was an entertaining idea.

I've run 15-20% over 500 sngs a couple times this year. I've also run -%5 over 500 a couple times. It's been a really streaky year.

Could be all the 45-mans I play causing the streakiness, which also don't show up in tourney mgr unless I manually enter them. So I really don't know where I'm at for sure. But I know I'm higher than what trny mgr says, as it often records those as a loss but never a win.

So judging this would be tough. I think I'm still blocked from SS, and those don't show up anyway do they?

Also I know I said a few hours. But in the back of my mind I was thinking more like grinding Fri and Sat nights. And not taking my typical 1-2 weekends off/month obviously.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:06 AM

I hope Gravey gets all your monies. Can you say GRINDER. Go, go, go.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My point was basically just that it's possible to work about 5% as hard as gravy is, for about 50% of what he's making by killing himself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if you ignore the massive prop bet he has.

Besides, Gravy is young. You're supposed to work really [censored] hard when you are 21, then dick around for the rest of your life, amirite Suzzer?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:22 AM

Don't get me started. I had a summer job boxing popcorn for $4.50/hr when I was 21. 12-hour shifts. Hot as hell. Each box took about 30 seconds to box and tape up. Pure repetitive torture.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me started. I had a summer job boxing popcorn for $4.50/hr when I was 21. 12-hour shifts. Hot as hell. Each box took about 30 seconds to box and tape up. Pure repetitive torture.

[/ QUOTE ]

i did that in israel for a month once, working in a cilantro factory and boxing the crap, 10 hour days and the scheduling always had you closing then opening factory the next day. I wanted to kill myself, after a week I was always green in cilantro dust.