Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 6v11
Sh*thead 24 55.81%
Mi-Suk Bush 19 44.19%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Re: MISH MASH 5: THE SHORTLINENING (GAME THREAD)

SUBPLOTS:

THE EXPOSING SUPERMAN SUBPLOT

Lois Lane (Worthless/Iron Yuppie)

Villager. When peeked, appears as villager.

Knows the identity of Perry White.

Perry White is: dmk

Perry White and Jimmy Olsen are trying to publish a story exposing Superman. If successful, Superman's identity will exposed in thread. If Superman is exposed or dies at night / is lynched before one of Perry and Jimmy is lynched, you will commit suicide. Them's the breaks. Sorry.

Win conditions:

1) Superman must not be exposed in the thread. Superman is exposed if you are dead and Jimmy and Perry are both alive at the time of your death (day 3 or later).
AND
2) Win with village (both evil factions must be eliminated).

Perry White (dmk)

Villager. When peeked, appears as villager.
You are in a masonry with Jimmy Olsen, whose identity is Durron597. You may speak ANY TIME. You are trying to expose Superman's identity. Lois Lane (a villager) is attempting to stop you. Her identity is worthless/Iron Yuppie.

Win conditions:
1) Lois Lane is dead and you and Jimmy Olsen have both survived until at least day 3 (both alive at time of Lois' death). Superman's identity will then be exposed in the thread.
AND

Jimmy Olsen (Durron597)

Corruptible villager. If you are targeted for death by either evil faction at night, you will become a member of that evil faction. When peeked, appears as villager. If peeked post-corruption, appears as “evil.”

To begin the game, you are in a masonry with Perry White, whose identity is dmk. You may speak ANY TIME, but you may NOT mention your corruptibility. You are trying to expose Superman's identity. Lois Lane (a villager) is attempting to stop you. Her identity is w0rthtless.

Win conditions:

If unconverted:
1) Lois Lane is dead and you and Perry White have survived until at least day 3 (both alive at time of Lois' death). Superman's identity will then be exposed in the thread.
AND

If converted:
1) Perry White dies while you are still alive.
AND
2) Win with your evil faction.

If you are converted after Superman is exposed, your win conditions are still the same as “If converted.” That means Perry must die before you, and your evil faction must win.

[ QUOTE ]

Night 6: Targets Durron
*After in alphabet* - PokerFox
Killed at night

[/ QUOTE ]

talk about a bad beat

wtf, the game is over? I wanted another pumpkin action
Old 11-06-2006, 04:11 PM

so, yeah, that's why i was irrationally going after iron yuppie when i thought that kumubou was way more obviously evil
Old 11-06-2006, 04:11 PM

so how exactly were the good guys supposed to win this?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the corruptible villagers should have been killed way earlier?

though i really doubt i was ever going to die based on my role description
Old 11-06-2006, 04:12 PM

SUBPLOT - THE EXPOSING LEX LUTHOR SUBPLOT

PMs sent to Bankers:

You are David Weinstein, a Villager. You are a banker at the First Bank of Poggopolis. You are in a masonry with Gerald Rosenbaum, another banker. His identity is kyro. You may talk at any time, but you may never reveal your role, your subplot, or your masonry in the thread.

You are Gerald Rosenbaum, a Villager. You are a banker at the First Bank of Poggopolis. You are in a masonry with David Weinstein, another banker. His identity is wdcbooks. You may talk at any time, but you may never reveal your role, your subplot, or your masonry in the thread.

Your subplot involves tracking down Lex Luthor, votebuyer for the Evil Villains. Each night you will receive a clue to Luthor's identity in the context of a numerical puzzle. What I mean by this will become apparent with time.

As you receive more clues, you will hopefully be able to use the clues and work with your partner to discern Luthor's identity. You may send a PM to me at any time guessing at Luthor's identity. If you are correct, you and your partner automatically win and Luthor will be exposed in the thread. If you are incorrect, you and partner automatically lose and Luthor will not be exposed.

Lex Luthor may be working against you. There may also be someone trying to help you...

You will receive a mini-storyline PM containing a clue closer to the beginning of the game, and also one every night after.

You may address all questions to me.

Win conditions:
1) Expose Lex Luthor in the thread by solving the numerical puzzle and figuring out his identity.
OR
2) Win with village (both evil factions are defeated).

Lex Luthor (GT1T)

You are Lex Luthor, Vote Buyer for the Evil Villains. You're evil, evil, evil, despite what some may think. Even though you're “mayor” of Poggopolis, you've been secretly using your powers to siphon money from the First Bank of Poggopolis. What a bastard you are.

Your team members are:

Penguin (Godfather): MDoranD
Poison Ivy (Roleblocker): sighing
Joker: Patton4
Venom: chuckleslovakian

You may change one player's vote each day by PMing me, "I change Player X's vote from Y to Z." You may do this just after nightfall. You will have 30 minutes to do so. If you are absent on any given night, but you are still alive, I may allow your cohorts to pick a target vote to change for you if they can reach a consensus within 30 minutes.

Be aware that there are people out there in MishMash land seeking to expose your identity for the world to see. Every night, you may PM me one name. If this name is the name of one of the people looking to expose you, you will learn their identity and the details of their subplot, and they will suffer a setback in their quest to find you out. If these players die, the secret of your identity will remain safe...

Oh, and be on the lookout for bankers.

Win condition:
Eliminate one faction (Village or Evil Heroes) and outnumber the remaining faction.

Mr. Moneybags (PokerFox)

Could spend $25,000 a night per name to try to give the bankers extra clues.

If you are really curious about this subplot, IM me and I can explain the numerical puzzle. It was cool.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Listening to the correct Watson? Not having the evils luckbox their conversions?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Run good?

You expect a Mish-Mash game to be balanced?
Old 11-06-2006, 04:15 PM

shorty,

you ran this extremely well. thanks a ton. hopefully you run another, because i really enjoyed it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]