bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: QQ in BvB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to come up with a color coding notes system for ftp. There are 15 diff colors, but ill prob only use 10 or so because a few look too similar. so far i have

-laggy retard monkey
-huge station retard
-decent regular
-calls tons of 3b
-never calls 3b
-cally bad but not the worst ever
-laggy bad but not the worst ever

suggestions for others or improvements?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bones,
Why use notes for 3bets? Just use the HUD.

Also, I recommend purple for d-bags that need to be slowrolled.

[/ QUOTE ]

my hud doesnt have that stat (i dont think)

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.holdemranger.com/realtime.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this work well with shrunken tables?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding a pair to a standard raise with 100bb+ stacks can't be good, can it? I like you're thinking overall though, John.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paster says "don't do that, do this," I do it and it works well and I avoid awkward situations. I also 3 bet those hands a fair amount from the btn fyi vs certain types players.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine, but there is nothing wrong with calling there even if you don't want to get in to a tricky spot. Just auto-fold a non set flop. I think the implied odds are good enough vs an aggro player.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

SB is 19/19/4 through 58 hands, 7% 3-bet. Is a preflop 4-bet to $30 or so better? Can I fold to a push? On the flop, is shoving just giving him a chance to fold the worst hand or do you think he fires again enough to make it worth just calling?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $197
CO: $100
Hero: $99.90
SB: $98.50
BB: $15.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $13</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($27, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $86.9</font>
Old 10-31-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding a pair to a standard raise with 100bb+ stacks can't be good, can it? I like you're thinking overall though, John.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paster says "don't do that, do this," I do it and it works well and I avoid awkward situations. I also 3 bet those hands a fair amount from the btn fyi vs certain types players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, calling a raise from the SB (out of position) with a small pair against a lag is generally a bad idea. Most people waaaay overvalue the amount of money you make post flop when you hit a set. A lot of the time you only get a continuation bet.

That said, you will be c/f the overwhelming majority of flops and you'll bleed money on these types of flops where you "call once" and hope he slows down. Oh, and even if he does check the turn, he gets to see 2 cards that may improve his hand.

Or he has 44 and is playing for pot control. Or he has J9 and is playing for pot control.

You say that hes crazy aggro post flop, but he checked back this turn. Wouldnt a crazy aggro type bet this turn all day long against someone who likely has a small/mid PP based on the board?

Either he has a small piece of the board, or he isnt as aggressive as you initially thought.

If you're on the button, this hand plays COMPLETELY differently and a call is absolutely fine.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:33 PM

Josem or anyone else,

How do I compare a processor's performance to another.
Like how does a P4 2.8 w/ HT compare to like a 1.6 core duo 2.

Is my P4(above) with 3 gb ram plenty for Vista?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is 19/19/4 through 58 hands, 7% 3-bet. Is a preflop 4-bet to $30 or so better? Can I fold to a push? On the flop, is shoving just giving him a chance to fold the worst hand or do you think he fires again enough to make it worth just calling?

Full Tilt Poker
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $13</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($27, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $18</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $86.9</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

i think 4 betting all in pf would be better than 30, only b/c i'd hate to fold to someone this aggressive. as played i don't like pushing this flop, cuz he's not folding a better hand probly, and the only hand he'd possibly call with that you beat is TT. i'd call and re-evaluate. i usually fold to the 3bet pf and stay out of this predicament.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, calling a raise from the SB (out of position) with a small pair against a lag is generally a bad idea. Most people waaaay overvalue the amount of money you make post flop when you hit a set. A lot of the time you only get a continuation bet.

That said, you will be c/f the overwhelming majority of flops and you'll bleed money on these types of flops where you "call once" and hope he slows down. Oh, and even if he does check the turn, he gets to see 2 cards that may improve his hand.

Or he has 44 and is playing for pot control. Or he has J9 and is playing for pot control.

You say that hes crazy aggro post flop, but he checked back this turn. Wouldnt a crazy aggro type bet this turn all day long against someone who likely has a small/mid PP based on the board?

Either he has a small piece of the board, or he isnt as aggressive as you initially thought.

If you're on the button, this hand plays COMPLETELY differently and a call is absolutely fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats what Paster said. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

also, reading back through what I thought were some brief posts to hands or questions iow my last 2 or 3 posts, I come off as an ass. Wasn't my intent, just rushed when I was posting, sorry.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to come up with a color coding notes system for ftp. There are 15 diff colors, but ill prob only use 10 or so because a few look too similar. so far i have

-laggy retard monkey
-huge station retard
-decent regular
-calls tons of 3b
-never calls 3b
-cally bad but not the worst ever
-laggy bad but not the worst ever

suggestions for others or improvements?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bones,
Why use notes for 3bets? Just use the HUD.

Also, I recommend purple for d-bags that need to be slowrolled.

[/ QUOTE ]

my hud doesnt have that stat (i dont think)

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.holdemranger.com/realtime.html

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not loading anywhere near all of my PT hands, even after following the instructions given. Get on aim sometime.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt Poker
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

[/ QUOTE ]

i think 4 betting all in pf would be better than 30, only b/c i'd hate to fold to someone this aggressive. as played i don't like pushing this flop, cuz he's not folding a better hand probly, and the only hand he'd possibly call with that you beat is TT. i'd call and re-evaluate. i usually fold to the 3bet pf and stay out of this predicament.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way I'd ever fold to the 3-bet in position unless the 3-bettor was the world's biggest nit. I'm not expecting many worse hands to call the flop (TT is about the only one) and probably no better hands fold, but my implied odds are usually terrible unless the guy is really aggro. I don't have enough experience with these simple aggressive players to really know what's best.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:09 PM

second hand at this table. standard?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($18.75)
Hero ($50.45)
BB ($73.45)
UTG ($15)
MP ($64.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB calls $2.50, UTG folds.

Flop: ($6.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, BB calls $4.50.

Turn: ($15.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $42.95</font>,