Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
practive avoidance obv
Old 10-16-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh man, the Canadian accent is getting me wet already.

[/ QUOTE ]

<3
Old 10-16-2007, 01:48 AM

yayayayayayayayayayyayayayayayayayaya dslkjafdijwroijslkfjdalfjsdlkajfadsklnc world series here we come. ship it [censored] holla
Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 AM

lol sweepaments. kaz pm me sn on ftp to ship the monies too. [censored]baseball is rigged
Old 10-16-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

I was considering doing a poker "clinic", I was wondering if there would be any interest in this and what stakes you guys would want to see. If you are interested PM me, it would prob be like $25.

[/ QUOTE ]
What would this involve exactly? I need halp in my nl game [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
On a related note, I've started playing limit more and I'm running gooooot, at 10bb/100 at $1/$2 over 1000 hands. Schneids vids on CR are fantastic
Old 10-16-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My point is that on the one hand Clayton is saying you need to increase your red line to increase your green line, but on the other, that these good nitty TAGs get by just fine without putting themselves in that many red line situations. Right? I mean, they are 18/16 or even 15/12 nits...so why aren't they suffering the same fate as FGers?

Am I making any sense at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't fully evaluated clayton's post and I'm in a hurry now. But the thing is that you might misinterpret, what actually is part of the red line. People tell fgators that he always does the same thing: push it in with the hands that he thinks he is a favorite with (which will make him little money because everyone folds unless he is beaten and sometimes a fish calls and THEN the fish might suck out) or get to showdown as cheaply as possible and get pushed off the best hand all the time, never stab at a pot etc. etc. The red line isn't just "mixing it up" but getting value in marginal spots in general.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:39 AM

Does anybody else play reaallllllllly short sessions? I usually go 6 tables for about 30 minutes, or 45 sometimes. Then regardless if running good/bad or how big of edge I think I have over table, just quit. After about an hour or so I gogogo again. It takes longer to move up but I can concentrate well and play better this way.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:42 AM

I used to be like that vix. I still kinda am. I like my sessions to be about an hour (200 ftp points). I almost never play a session longer than 2 hours. I just started setting time limits so I would play a little longer. I really wanted to put the hands in and so far its working. I also 9 table btw.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody else play reaallllllllly short sessions? I usually go 6 tables for about 30 minutes, or 45 sometimes. Then regardless if running good/bad or how big of edge I think I have over table, just quit. After about an hour or so I gogogo again. It takes longer to move up but I can concentrate well and play better this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually play 300-700 increments, taking a break if i wanna do more and then coming back. Works so very well to prevent tilt and also helps u develop the ability to leave a table when u are actually tilting/running bad. I was gonna make a post about tilt involving this method
Old 10-16-2007, 02:48 AM

Yeah, it's more like hands for me 300-500 hands or maybe a little more and quit. The downside is some tables are really juicy. But, typical 25nl tags play so bad I don't even bother with table selection. This may be a problem if I get to small stakes.
Closed Thread