Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which has been JaBlue's most embarrassing OP to date?
The one where he almost throws a jar of piss at a car 1 2.17%
The one where he can't be bothered to go to a funeral even though it means a lot to his dad 28 60.87%
The one where he wants to let snakes loose in a theater 2 4.35%
The one where he tells his grandmother to go [censored] herself 13 28.26%
Other (please specify) 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD***

So I'm leaving Berlin and was planning on passing through Munich for Oktoberfest on my way to parts unknown. Unfortunately, hostels are all booked solid and I'm too cheap to rent a hotel room. So I have some options:

1) Skip Oktoberfest, go someplace else (solid choice, since I've been to Munich and would be going solely for Oktoberfest, and I'm no longer the big drinker I once was)
2) Pull a driveby: arrive in Munich in the morning, park my gear in a locker, leave that night
3) Arrive with no place to stay and hope it all works out (which, remarkably, it usually does)
4) Stay with the pseudo-punk kids I know who may think I'm a narc (but won't turn me away because they're in a commune and don't turn anyone away)
Old 09-24-2007, 04:45 PM

I don't have any personal experience with Oktoberfest, but friends of mine (Germans) say that it is quite overrated and hyped by (mostly American) media.

I would still go if I were you though, what other place would you want to go? Cologne is supposed to be pretty cool, but not really drivable distance from Berlin.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:54 PM

Just watched the Packers Chargers game from last night (bought a weeks NFL pass on Yahoo which is awesome) - rofl at LT's post-game interview, gotta feel for the guy though. I <3 football soo much now, I take back anything negative I've said of Americans previously (except for the stuff about baseball) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM

If I go to Oktoberfest, I'll keep heading South into Austria (never been there).

If not, I could either go up to Holland and Belgium (never been there) or go in the direction of Prague (never been there either).
Old 09-24-2007, 05:01 PM

What sort of stuff do you enjoy doing when you travel BP? I've either been to or know a decent amount about a fair few places in Europe if you want suggestions. If you are into it atall Normandy is an amazing place to go to check out the D-Day landing beaches and a whole host of other battlefields and bunkers etc.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just watched the Packers Chargers game from last night (bought a weeks NFL pass on Yahoo which is awesome) - rofl at LT's post-game interview, gotta feel for the guy though. I <3 football soo much now, I take back anything negative I've said of Americans previously (except for the stuff about baseball) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
YOu're going to the miami game in london or something, right?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
YOu're going to the miami game in london or something, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah my friends brother is though, tickets sold out ridiculously quickly. We might go and watch it in a bar near Wembley though.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Holland sucks, except for Amsterdam, for tourists. Belgium might be even worse. Prague should be good though, I was supposed to go there end of this week but I canceled the trip because sth came up.

Stuff I like in Europe; Paris, Rome, the Alps, Spanish beaches, London. Haven't been in Eastern Europe yet, but I will be visiting Warsaw (PL) in december. Depends what you like though.

Oh; Normandy is pretty impressive, too. I like Barcelona, but all Spanish are complete retards and don't speak anything except Spanish (no english, french, italian, german or dutch... not even at the main station information desk. Stupid donks).
Old 09-24-2007, 05:28 PM

Sup Jay:

Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 PM

Welcome to 2 months ago.
Closed Thread