Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

made a video it should be up before midnight.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 PM

I play good solid poker for 1700 hands and am up 2.5 buyins....then some [censored] opens to $12.5 from the SB with one limper and I'm like "HAH MISCLICK, I SHOVE WITH TT." He obv snapcalls with KK and I lose my entire 225BB stack. [censored].
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM

MTTs = "HEY IM RUNNING SO GOOD I BET IM GONNA WIN ONE FOR ONCE"

"[censored].."
Old 10-15-2007, 07:57 PM

Ok, so I am still obsessing on this Clayton-FGators post (I think there are a few others doing the same).

There's something about it I can't work out.

My understanding of the problem Clayton sees with FG-types is that they depend on showdown winnings too much, can only beat fish, can't mix it up post, always play the same lines, and only make money from decent players in a small number of "cooler" hands as Clayton describes them (i.e. hands where the money is going in no matter what, and hands where the cards will be switched next time...so for example JJ v. TT as overpairs on a rag board - today hero has the JJ, tomorrow hero has the TT, so it's all really just glorified coin-flipping).

So my question is, what is the difference between these FG-types, and the "nitty TAGs" Clayton describes thus:

[ QUOTE ]
player 2 is the nitty tag. these guys are decent and handreading, know how to exploit weaker players very well, and are capable of mixing it up every now and then. however their true potential is hampered by only using a VPIP of 14 or so, instead opting for the grinder mentality that allows for maximimum MT Ratio and hourly (which, by all means, is perfectly fine, because odds are good they are taking more out of the game than anyone, BUT they choose to not try and earn more per hour in bigger games or on other pokersites which is meh)

[/ QUOTE ]

Clayton says these good nits do some good stuff (cb/vb well, handreading, mixing it up occasionally) but clearly they are not, by definition, doing what the ideal T/LAGs are doing. Surely these guys make their money from exactly the same places as FGs: sets, premiums, draws coming in, standard positional stealing etc.

My point is that on the one hand Clayton is saying you need to increase your red line to increase your green line, but on the other, that these good nitty TAGs get by just fine without putting themselves in that many red line situations. Right? I mean, they are 18/16 or even 15/12 nits...so why aren't they suffering the same fate as FGers?

Am I making any sense at all?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:04 PM

Someone made a post about FGators being genuinely unlucky. If you flip a coin say 30 times you'll win on average about half the time. But sometimes you'll lose 20 out of 30 or even 25 out of 30. Now blow this out of proportion and flip a coin say 10,000 times and you'll most likely win around 5000 flips right? Well you might win only 4000 flips, or 3000, maybe only a 1000. Sure the chances of that are very very very slim but its POSSIBLE mathematically. If you have millions of poker players then this is bound to happen to someone. Now I really don't think this is the case with FG. I think he's just got some serious leaks and he just plays too many [censored] tables.

But who knows?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 PM

Cept for they posted his EV graph and apparently he is running 0.7BB above expectation. But I always said that thing was evil so whatever [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 PM

Chomp ur obsessing..just play ur game and MOVE UP AHJSHFJKAHKJGHA
Old 10-15-2007, 08:11 PM

on another note, just got cardrunners today. what are the best videos for a uNL player yo?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Parseval is 2+2 I think (there was a huge BBV thread about him playing 10k hands a day for the rest of a month or something) and he's a bad bad tagfish. I think I remember him being like 16/7 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe this was Parseval's post when I think it was Nogatsira made a post about 10k hands a day for the rest of the month...

Parseval to me is running much looser than 16/7 and loves to call 3 bets lightly in order to catch flops.

To me: VinnyFerret is now on my new stars hit list and I even started the idea of giving out stakes on my own forum based on the idea that people tell me when he's playing and for each table I can sit with him at, I will give them $ towards a small stake... how does that idea sound?

Yesterday I had him calling all in 5 bets with just KQ high and donking straights left and right. Sickening to be honest... no idea how this kid keeps a roll...

[/ QUOTE ]

I played 590 hands with Parseval the last two days and have him running 27/14/1.4/terrible.

He did double through me here in a hand I misplayed horribly before playing with him much.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Hero ($70.75)
Button ($48.10)
SB ($76)
BB ($90.45)
UTG ($17.85)
MP ($15.55)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, Button calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2.50, UTG folds, MP calls $2.50.

Flop: ($12.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, Button calls $8, BB folds, MP folds.

Turn: ($28.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($28.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25.

Final Pot: $78.75

Put him on AK after he called the flop but his river bet made me curious.

I did see him 5x UTG w/ A8s then call a 25bb 3bet. Also limped UTG w/ AQ, called 6x raise, then check/shoved like 80 BB's on Axx flop.

Last night I was lucky enough to be sitting at a table with Pars and Vinny during Reynolds' shovefest. Ended up 5BI's after 300 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Button ($170.75)
Hero ($164.75)
BB ($159.20)
UTG ($29.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $170.75</font>, Hero calls $164.50 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($336) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($336) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($336) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $336

Watching Parseval get reverse angle shot by Reynolds was absolutely hilarious. I'm positive he's busto cuz when he sat at the $25/50 table he had 1883.xx and after they moved down to 5/10 Reynolds net was 1880ish. First he bought in for $200, then $600, then $1k.

Happy Bday btw.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 PM

anyone know if weeds come on last night
Closed Thread