Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Average Speed XIII - Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Type II errors, Luckay. Type II errors.

LC refuses to call someone a villager unless they are getting lynched (or they're REALLY, REALLY OBV).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the deal. Too many people are probably put in the villager category too quickly. Its one thing to mistake a villager for a wolf....but a much much worse thing (for a villager) to mistake a wolf for a villager. If youre a good villager this mistake alone can set the village back a day or two.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luckay said this was one of his best games ever. He had 1 wolf in his village list and 2 in lean village.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this wouldn't bother me, but I was wrong, I'm semi-prideful and I just want to correct it

yes, at one point in a list I had that configuration. My last list / parting words were better.

wolves don't belong in the village list

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to rub it in. The point is the people who are taking control of the thread are not prone to making mistakes. Also, I am not sayin it is back to take over the game as well, just advocating a different way to do it.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mostly the posts were crap too. You do not get information from posting as much as possible. Typing as many theories as fast as possible does nothing. If you want to lead the village, don't do it by post count. Do it by making sure everyone is contributing. Make people explain their thoughts. Hell, make some people just post thoughts. Forcing yourself to work with what people give you just makes it that much easier for all the wolves to hide with the villagers who are being dominated by high post count villagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....what Chuckles said.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:45 PM

Just make sure when you 'make' people post their thoughts, you don't do it in an abrasive manner. If you do it in a bullying manner, you can turn off villagers as easily as wolves.

I try to lay on extra politeness when I do that sort of thing.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:01 PM

Vote wolves. Lynch wolves. It doesn't matter how many posts you have if they're not for the SOLE purpose of getting a wolf lynched that day. There is no other way to put pressure on wolves. You need to vote for wolves and cause other people to vote for wolves, and that should always be your goal.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vote wolves. Lynch wolves. It doesn't matter how many posts you have if they're not for the SOLE purpose of getting a wolf lynched that day. There is no other way to put pressure on wolves. You need to vote for wolves and cause other people to vote for wolves, and that should always be your goal.

[/ QUOTE ]Voting wolves is easy. Lynching wolves implies getting others to vote wolves, and that's where the posting and convincing come into play.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Voting wolves is easy. Lynching wolves implies getting others to vote wolves, and that's where the posting and convincing come into play.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to use your vote as a weapon. You can splash around to start, but when you find someone promising you need to press on their neck until their head bursts. Luckay's strategies are mostly ineffective because his votes don't have a feeling of permanence. Traz and I always have conviction in our feelings and our votes, enough to strike fear into furry hearts, but we are obviously not beyond reasoning when we have chosen the direction of our ire. Few big bandwagons are better than many smaller bandwagons, and a few big bandwagons will give seers more cover and wolves less cover.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:39 PM

i just realized i drink too much