Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

oh, and an enertaining nets / raps, too.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:50 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

GOGOGOGOGO ROCKETS.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:51 PM

I just spent some time reading RealGM forums of Houston Rockets and Utah Jazz. To an unbiased observer (which I'm not, as a Jazz fan) it should be hilarious how fans of opposing teams decry the same game as being called in favor of the opponent, then bitch about the opponents' complaining about calls, then moan about their own team's coach's substitution patters and lineups and everything else. It's so symmetrical. It's like people (on both sides) just lose their ability to see things as they are rather than as they want them to be.

PITTM, you are a huge homer.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:54 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

PITTM, you are a huge homer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Biased would be a better word. I am well aware of the warriors faults, weaknesses and shortcomings.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey, lets ignore the whatifs for right now and focus on game 7 of utah / houston.. man im stokedddddddddd for game 7:

vs

[/ QUOTE ]

Utah has a cool logo. Head for the mountains!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Biased would be a better word. I am well aware of the warriors faults, weaknesses and shortcomings.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just often let your biases impede your ability to have a reasonable discussion. You act like a poker player who blames his losses on bad beats, and his winnings are attributed to great play. For every quarter where Warriors are outscored you cite terrible refereeing, but when they make a run, the referees are "OK" (no bad calls in your favor, of course, ever). It gets tiring.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kbfc,

you are right that they would rather face the Suns, but the series still would be very unlikely to go more than 6 games, you really should watch/base what you say on more than 1 game

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a copout. One game doesn't give you the entire equation, and sometimes it doesn't give you jack, but sometimes it does. A matchup problem isn't going to simply disappear unless the team does something to efficiently counteract it. A team shooting 70% from the field, on the other hand, is indicative of nothing.

I believe after ONE game of the SA/DEN series, I summed it up pretty nicely. I said that the DEN victory was a result of high variance (SA cold shooting, AI lights out shooting), while the unwavering stuff, like SA's team D and offensive efficiency was still a level beyond DEN. I think the next 4 games made me look pretty good there, and it's because of that distinction.

That all said, the point of my post, which was directed to (and unresponded to by) PITTM, was that a big part of why BD was trouble for the Suns is because the refs let him get away with a lot of foul play, which flustered Nash. It was a case-in-point of bad reffing helping GS, which is apparently an impossibility.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:06 PM

Sammy, if there is one thing I like about both Houston and Utah, both have coaches that like to control the tempo and possesion of the game. I hadn't thought that would be a big help for Houston against GS, but I made need to think again. Van Gundy is like the new Larry Brown.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would wayyyyyy rather play the rockets than the suns. everyone thinking that Yao Ming is going to become some powerhouse that dominates us is crazy. he will be a defensive liability and we wont let him get close to the basket. I think Yao will turn the ball over a ton if that series happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

In game 1 between these two teams, Yao had 27 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks. Granted, JRich was out and the Warriors hadn't gotten Jackson or Harrington. Which of those guys, exactly, are going to change things against Yao, though? Harrington will have SOME duty against him, I'd guess...but I can't see it significantly altering what Yao does over 7 games.

In game 2 between these two teams, Yao had 38 points and 18 rebounds and McGrady didn't even play to take pressure off the middle.

In game 3 between these two teams...yeah, Yao had an off-night, which was exacerbated by McGrady only playing seven minutes. With T-Mac out, they basically got to triple Yao all night long and he ended up with 9 points and 11 boards. The Warriors still only won by 11...and it was only a 6-point game when the Rockets started putting them on the line to save clock....and it took them shooting 46% from three to do it.

So, even as a Mavs fan...I am happy for you, PITT. But let's leave the bravado at the door a little bit here. I don't think you're going to be able to deny Yao position for seven games. He's a LOT bigger than Dirk. And there's really no evidence of what happens when all the meaningful players between these two teams play yet. But the personnel the Warriors have to use on Yao is flimsy, at best...and my only point is it would take at least a double (which makes life easier for McGrady, Battier, Alston, Head, Howard) to keep him from completely owning the series. I'll stand by that statement.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to stop bitching about it. Refs miss calls all the time. They aren't purposely missing calls. There isn't a conspiracy theory out there against Davis or the Warriors. You need to drop it because you come off as way too petty.

[/ QUOTE ]