Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Steps required to use FPHG

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to say, this program absolutely rocks. Thanks!

Also, if there is a v.02, which I thought I saw mentioned, you should link to it in the first post in this thread to make it easier to find.

Thanks again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I tried to make it as clear as possible (but not sure if or how I can force it to stay at the top of the thread?), look for the sub-thread which says: "FPHG v0.02 new download location"

Unless you play MTT or are having problems getting it to work then v0.02 not much help though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2006, 02:12 PM

Ok, i realised, it is working only with Party Poker....

I was trying to use it with poker.com
Old 03-21-2006, 02:13 PM

is it supposed to show the hands mucked???
Old 03-21-2006, 04:50 PM

Yes, is saves the hand histories exactly the same as they used to be. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2006, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You Posted:

1. Make a folder for mining somewhere.
2. Copy an execuatble into this folder and rename it EmpirePoker.exe (or another skin you don't use).
3. Copy FreePHG.exe into this folder also.
4. Open up some tables (see below).
5. Start running FreePHG.exe from your mining folder and you should start to see .hhf files appearing for the tables you are watching.
6. When you want to import these hands, point PT at this folder by pointing it at the EmpirePoker.exe (it will then think this folder is the empire folder and [auto-]import from their).

I do not understand how to follow steps #2 & 3 above (copy an execuatble, etc...).

Can't I just drag the FPHG file into my Empire Poker Hand History folder?
I have tried this and my FPHG downloading is working just fine, however, Poker Tracker will not recognize the files that it is placing in my:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is probably the easiest method (assuming you don't use Empire anymore).. Just copy FreePHG into C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker\ and then run it from within their. You should also copy the iWitness script into this folder if you want to use iWitness to open the tables (iWitness is like the old partymine).

[ QUOTE ]
C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker\HandHistories

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is where your problem is! Observed HandHistories (.hhf files) should be stored in 'C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker\' and only you own hand histories should be stored in 'C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker\HandHistories' (ie: just copy and run it from within the same folder as Empire.exe).

[ QUOTE ]
Are people successful using the "generic" import (lightning bolt) or Auto-Import Party Poker Logo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think either should work, so long as you setup PT to point to 'C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker\' and tell it to import observed hand histories.

[ QUOTE ]
If you could take a moment, please list VERY SPECIFIC directions on how to:

2. Copy an execuatble into this folder and rename it EmpirePoker.exe
3. Copy FreePHG.exe into this folder also.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you still can't get it to work by running from within 'C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker\', then I can send you a zip with everything and see if that helps, but I think the problem you were having was because you were running FreePHG.exe from within the folder designed to store your own played hands. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am finally up and working!!!!!!!!! thanks to all of you who helped, i know i had many basic questions, so thanks for the great answers. Took me a week of reading and rereading to find the mistake and this is it (I think)

I think this is where your problem is! Observed HandHistories (.hhf files) should be stored in 'C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker\' and only you own hand histories should be stored in 'C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker\HandHistories' (ie: just copy and run it from within the same folder as Empire.exe).

One last question [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] do the files just sit in that folder? do i delete them once a week or just leave them there or what?

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

(now i am off to get iWitness, wish me luck [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2006, 06:01 PM

You should set up PT to move/delete the files after they're read. I keep them for archives in case I need to re-import, but some people delete them.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should set up PT to move/delete the files after they're read. I keep them for archives in case I need to re-import, but some people delete them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it set up to move them. On my party account in the Handhistory folder there are just a bunch of folders name with 7 or 8 numbers, but there is nothing in them. When i look at my new empire folder all of the table names that have been imported to PT are still there.

Does it transfer them immeditly as they are imported or does it transfer them later all at once.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:29 PM

I use the old "lightning bolt" importer, so I don't know if it's the same for you, but in my version:

1. It moves the files when you CLOSE the import window.
2. It can not move the files if another application has file locks on them, so it will copy them out, but not delete them - resulting in two copies of those files, one where PT puts them, and one still in the Poker program's folders.
3. It does not move files it doesn't read from; so if ALL the hands in a file are repeats and already in the DB, that file won't get moved.
4. If there's a PARTIAL HHF - a file that contains a portion of a hand, and nothing else - PT won't move it.
5. The sub-folders are created by the Poker software when you quit and it copies the HHF's into "your" history folder. PT can still pull the files, but it never deletes folders. Those numbers are the dates of the HHF's they contained.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use the old "lightning bolt" importer, so I don't know if it's the same for you, but in my version:

1. It moves the files when you CLOSE the import window.
2. It can not move the files if another application has file locks on them, so it will copy them out, but not delete them - resulting in two copies of those files, one where PT puts them, and one still in the Poker program's folders.
3. It does not move files it doesn't read from; so if ALL the hands in a file are repeats and already in the DB, that file won't get moved.
4. If there's a PARTIAL HHF - a file that contains a portion of a hand, and nothing else - PT won't move it.
5. The sub-folders are created by the Poker software when you quit and it copies the HHF's into "your" history folder. PT can still pull the files, but it never deletes folders. Those numbers are the dates of the HHF's they contained.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, sorry that worked once i closed the window.........all is well.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:12 AM

Just out of curiosity has anyone figured out a way to keep chat and still take advantage of process guard? I am not by any means adept at configuring processguard and I know some people have experienced this problem as well.