Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the most annoying poster in this thread?
Snowball138 8 44.44%
Snowball138 2 11.11%
Snowball138 6 33.33%
Snowball138 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: PASSAMAN POST #666. BBV 10 COMMANDMENTS

[ QUOTE ]
Who would have thought that people that play a logic-based game would have trouble believing in jebus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, one of jebus's biggest supporters.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Amazing how something so amazingly complex as even the simplest molecule is accepted as having no designer. No one looks at an airplane and assumes that a whirlwind went through a junkyard. My watch is fairly complex and no one thinks it just happened after millions of years. But the wrist upon which it sits is almost inifinitely more complex, yet we're willing to blindly accept it as the residue of mutations and adaptations.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sound just like Ray Comfort and all those other idiots who have no idea what they're talking about.

Come back to me when your watch has reproduction and heredity.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Amazing how something so amazingly complex as even the simplest molecule is accepted as having no designer. No one looks at an airplane and assumes that a whirlwind went through a junkyard. My watch is fairly complex and no one thinks it just happened after millions of years. But the wrist upon which it sits is almost inifinitely more complex, yet we're willing to blindly accept it as the residue of mutations and adaptations.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sound just like Ray Comfort and all those other idiots who have no idea what they're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I'll say on this: I think it takes more faith to believe that things as intricately complex like reproduction and all that entails is the result of a billion years of adaptation than it does to believe the reproductive system of all living things was the result of a Designer.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I'll say on this: I think it takes more faith to believe that things as intricately complex like reproduction and all that entails is the result of a billion years of adaptation than it does to believe the reproductive system of all living things was the result of a Designer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf this make no sense.

heres how reproduction works: you put the weiner in this place for a little bit, then a baby comes out later. not real hard (reproduction, not the weiner, lol).
Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pointing out why your "airplane from a junkyard" argument is BS because living things reproduce, mutate, and inherit those mutations.

Therefore it's quite obvious to anyone who understands biology why an airplane had to be designed, while life doesn't have to be designed.

Read "Climbing Mount Improbable" and "Blind Watchmaker" and you'll know what I'm saying.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:57 PM

OK,

Just a short question for ok, seems to be a decent moral guy:

Do all the peoples who live decent lives whilst being NONchristians (Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buhhdists, agnostics, atheists, etc) get to heaven when their souls shuffle off the mortal coil because they have lived (or at least tried to live) decent lives? OR do they NOT get into heaven because they did NOT accept Jesus as their personal savior?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Very well put. But at some point it has to break down. For instance, even if you are a complete atheist, you still have to agree, logically, that at some point there was something before the Big Bang.

[/ QUOTE ]
nope

asking whats 'before' the big bang is like asking whats north of the north pole

aint nothin

[/ QUOTE ]

But that "nothing" has to be something. Even nothing is something, amirite? Picture the "nothing" previous to the Big Bang. Did the nothing have paramaters and borders? Was it black, white....what? The Big Bang originated, if I remember right, from a tiny, tiny particle that was infinitely dense. Where did that come from? Where was it sitting? Was it hanging somewhere, and if so, where? What was before that? Did time exist before the Big Bang? When the Big Bang happened, the particles blew out into the aforementioned "nothing", therefore, it had to exist as something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to agree with this almost fully. There probably had to be "something." But the Big Bang, evolution, etc etc is completely at odds with everything Christian or Muslim or whatever teachings say. You dont get to make it up as you go along if what you are basing your whole belief on is something that is supposed to be divinely inspired.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK,

Do all the peoples who live decent lives whilst being NONchristians (Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buhhdists, agnostics, atheists, etc) get to heaven when their souls shuffle off the mortal coil because they have lived (or at least tried to live) decent lives? OR do they NOT get into heaven because they did NOT accept Jesus as their personal savior?

[/ QUOTE ]

Short answer: maybe. In studying the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) we see that many people joined the kingdom in many different ways. The only constant was Jesus, and the work he provided for on the cross. So, bottom line, anyone who is forgiven and who has eternal life has it solely because of Jesus. Therefore, your answer is 'maybe' leaning toward 'possibly' and even a shade of 'probably.'
Old 11-07-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Very well put. But at some point it has to break down. For instance, even if you are a complete atheist, you still have to agree, logically, that at some point there was something before the Big Bang.

[/ QUOTE ]
nope

asking whats 'before' the big bang is like asking whats north of the north pole

aint nothin

[/ QUOTE ]

But that "nothing" has to be something. Even nothing is something, amirite? Picture the "nothing" previous to the Big Bang. Did the nothing have paramaters and borders? Was it black, white....what? The Big Bang originated, if I remember right, from a tiny, tiny particle that was infinitely dense. Where did that come from? Where was it sitting? Was it hanging somewhere, and if so, where? What was before that? Did time exist before the Big Bang? When the Big Bang happened, the particles blew out into the aforementioned "nothing", therefore, it had to exist as something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to agree with this almost fully. There probably had to be "something." But the Big Bang, evolution, etc etc is completely at odds with everything Christian or Muslim or whatever teachings say. You dont get to make it up as you go along if what you are basing your whole belief on is something that is supposed to be divinely inspired.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Big Bang is most decidedly not at odds with what Christians believe and the Bible teaches. I happen to believe in the bible as the word of God and in a universe that is somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 billion years old, and the bible does not contradict that. Don't make the mistake of believing that what it says in English is what it says in an ancient language with only 3000 words (Ancient Hebrew). Again, Dr. Hugh Ross from Cal Tech wrote two excellent books on the subject, "The Creator and the Cosmos" and "The Fingerprint of God." I'm not going to get into evolution, because that would take another five hundred replies to this thread.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK,

[/ QUOTE ]

Short answer: maybe. In studying the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) we see that many people joined the kingdom in many different ways. The only constant was Jesus, and the work he provided for on the cross. So, bottom line, anyone who is forgiven and who has eternal life has it solely because of Jesus. Therefore, your answer is 'maybe' leaning toward 'possibly' and even a shade of 'probably.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully you can see that maybe->possibly-->probably isn't quite good enough for most. Unless the answer was a "yes" then it's hard for me to see how Christianity, or even your interpretation of it, ISN'T hopelessly exclusive, thus in itself, immoral.