Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Boston Celtics \'07-\'08 Banner 17 Thread

It's fun to have a broadcaster who pays little attention to the NBA outside of the game he's doing.

He was practically ready to trade our entire roster for Camby in the first quarter: "I haven't seen Marcus Camby in years. Defensive player of the year, looks terrific on offense." Gorman waited a few minutes before mentioning that Camby averages 9 points a game.

Then 'melo hit a jumper in someone's face, and Cousy said "This young man certainly has confidence shooting the basketball. I've never seen him before."

By the time we had put the game away in the second quarter, he and Heinsohn were recounting stories of teams they played on together. That was particularly amusing for me, as I have on countless drunken occasions forced my friends to watch tapes of me playing basketball in high school, while me and my buddy narrate and, in rare instances, break the action down in slow motion.

-McGee
Old 11-08-2007, 06:06 PM

Tim Colishaw on ATH just said that the Celtics would only get 45-48 wins and be a 5th or 6th seed and that they aren't even the best team in their own division, New Jersey is.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:08 PM

I think 48 wins is fair. I'd say 50, but it doesn't take much to swing a couple. They're definitely better than the Nets, though, even with RJ playing out of his mind.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:10 PM

I have an over 48.5 bet with a friend. Obviously, nothing I've seen so far has made me regret it.

-McGee
Old 11-08-2007, 06:54 PM

Cousy used to do all the home or away games - I don't remember which. Then one year he was only there for a few games as a "guest".

I read that it was because he was asked to not be so critical of the Celtics during their games. When he didn't change, they cut his game backs to a few "guest" spots.

Heh - maybe he said "I'm going to Florida, let me know when you get a team...."
Old 11-08-2007, 06:56 PM

maybe you're right. I remember when he was part of the crew. I just figured he got old and sick of the cold. Sorta like how Tommy won't be doing long road trips this season.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tim Colishaw on ATH just said that the Celtics would only get 45-48 wins and be a 5th or 6th seed and that they aren't even the best team in their own division, New Jersey is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, ESPN is a joke.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, ESPN is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure none of the ATH guys actually work for ESPN, or are affilited exclusively with ESPN.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's fun to have a broadcaster who pays little attention to the NBA outside of the game he's doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why, but this doesn't seem all that uncommon. The Yankees Radio Network broadcast crew has tunnel-vision as well. Some of them are downright imbeciles.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 AM

just found this thread. i've been a bulls fan my whole life (even though i've lived in ct through high school and now boston last 4 years) and i still root for them over everyone else, but i've become a big C's fan the last couple years. went to a few games last year and pretty much just laughed at how bad they were and made fun of GKA when he would talk about how great rondo and delante were. this season is looking amazing though, i bought the 10 game pack with bobbo and i'm going to a few games with AAismyfriend as well (brag: we're getting floor seats to a couple games). i've gone to the first 2 games so far this year and it's just awesome to watch them play. every basket is off some sick pass or great defensive play that turned to a fast break (maybe GKA is right about rondo [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). i cant wait to go to every home playoff game with AA this spring, woooooooo go celts