Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Timex\'s Well

[ QUOTE ]
timex how many of the p5s top 100 would be a favorite over me HU with 100 bbs

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time of our prop bet I thought it was about tenish, but I had a couple sleepers who you would never think to veto.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:19 AM

hit21 used to love you on pokerroom. i gets no love
Old 09-18-2007, 03:15 AM

Timex you probably don't know me since I rarely post and play only the sunday tournaments occasinally. Actually KingDan busted me in 4th position in FTOPS IV so maybe CroqueMonsieur rings a bell.I thought I'd chime in to say well done on you poker career so far, truly impressive (no I'm not looking for backing).

I have a question about styles. Ultra aggressive style (think Roland de Wolfe, The Grinder...) is in fashion where you lag it up from day 1 and keep playing for big pots even though you're the chip leader. Some people think that the style is not the most profitable and maybe MAYBE some players from that pack jut ran hot in 2/3 big events to become famous, and are just the luckiest/best players of a large group that looses money overall (having said that any large group looses money in poker).

-Do you prefer to back ultra aggressive players like Gobbo is made out to be in the press (never knowingly played with him) or someone with a more balanced approach early on/smallball style when big stack?

-Do you think aggression is always the best way or some tournament situations/table textures require to tighten up (I' not just talking about having 25 big blinds here.

I like my game, but originally a "never play level 1/2/3" sitngo pro then ocnverted into a "check raise the river with nada" cash game player, I've been in search of the most profitable gear(s) in deepstack tournaments. Your opinion would be appreciated!

Sorry if the question is too vague...
Good luck in the future
Nicolas Levi
Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 AM

-Do you prefer to back ultra aggressive players like Gobbo is made out to be in the press (never knowingly played with him) or someone with a more balanced approach early on/smallball style when big stack?

In general, I'd say I prefer someone who plays a little bit more smallball, gobbo isn't nearly as lagtarded as some people think though.

Do you think aggression is always the best way or some tournament situations/table textures require to tighten up (I' not just talking about having 25 big blinds here.

If you asked me 2 weeks ago, I would have said agression gogogo more or less. But after playing my 1st live tournament and a couple WCOOP events, I have begun to realize more and more that there is some value in just having your tournament life since some people suck so bad and with deepstacks, playing with them for as long as possible is so value, so I've heard people talking more about trying to reduce variance in chips as often as possible.

Not too sure how to answer, the question is kinda vague.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 AM

I hate those big obnoxious sunglasses.

Thought I'd interject with some counter-ass licking
Old 09-18-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate those big obnoxious sunglasses.

Meh, if it helps at all, I don't wear them indoors or anything like that, I just had them since it was Sunny out and I didn't have anywhere else to put them, the lenses of those Sunglasses are pretty sick and make it ok to look around the sun without everything else appearing darker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 03:34 AM

No need to defend yourself; I just had an overwhelming urge to write a jerkoff comment!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:38 AM

Meh, just saying I'm not a huge fan of a lot of different aviators and stuff too, when I looked at these I didn't like them too much, but when I tried them on, I pretty much instantly bought them.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:48 AM

funki,

we've discussed this.

i will give you coaching for clothing if you givbe me money and stuff
Old 09-18-2007, 03:51 AM

god u run good at staking.