Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: How much to spend on a nice first car?

I was all sold on the new c-class until I got in touch with the dealer today, and doing some homework I realized he lied to my face on some important things that would have gotten my business at his dealership as opposed to a dealership 1.5 hours away.

I was still not to be outdone though, so I did some more research on other c-class cars in the region, and it was similar BS.

so now I am about to say to hell with it and buy a porsche.

this one is about 1.7k over the kelly book price but i dont quite care [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 04:29 PM

print your OP so you can kick yourself in the nuts in six years or so when your car is practically worthless and you wonder how the money went so quickly from that big score you made in '07. i really am frustrated reading your thread seeing what kind of decision youre doing w/ your money. when i was 21 and had that kind of check handed to me, i might have pissed it away too.

~$90k is a great cushion and you can do great things with it at your age. squandering a third of it away on a car is one of them i guess.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:36 PM

tt
Old 09-26-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when i was 21 and had that kind of check handed to me, i might have pissed it away too.

[/ QUOTE ]

please note i am pissing away a third. not the whole thing. <3
Old 09-26-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when i was 21 and had that kind of check handed to me, i might have pissed it away too.

[/ QUOTE ]

please note i am pissing away a third. not the whole thing. <3

[/ QUOTE ]

if youre spending 1/3 of your nut on a car i have to wonder if youre making the best financial decisions w/ the remaining money.

[/wet towel lecture]
Old 09-26-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was all sold on the new c-class until I got in touch with the dealer today, and doing some homework I realized he lied to my face on some important things that would have gotten my business at his dealership as opposed to a dealership 1.5 hours away.

I was still not to be outdone though, so I did some more research on other c-class cars in the region, and it was similar BS.

so now I am about to say to hell with it and buy a porsche.

this one is about 1.7k over the kelly book price but i dont quite care [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice.

One thing that isn't getting near enough discussion in this thread is the effect that cars have on women. Women react viscerally to the feel of fine leather on the back of their thighs as the acceleration of a 400+hp automobile forces them against their seat.

No chick in the history of the planet is going to sit in a Camry and THEN decide she is going to have sex that night, whereas that type of decision making alteration happens every second in a porsche somewhere in the world.

All of the nits telling you not to waste your money on a car are obviously teh ghey. If having sex on most of your first dates is a concept that appeals to you in any way, the porsche is +++++++++EV.

Irieguy
Old 09-26-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if youre spending 1/3 of your nut on a car i have to wonder if youre making the best financial decisions w/ the remaining money.

[/wet towel lecture]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you've ever met me in real life you will see i am a bigger nit than prob 99% of this forum. i just had a six figure score and am allocating zero (ZERO) to poker. i'm rebuilding a new roll at 100nl. this has many peers laughing at me.

your fears however are totally understandable. i'm not even 21 yet.

anyways ship the porsche. will update the thread in a few days if things go right.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:49 PM

that picture btw is not the car i am pursuing. mine will obv be black.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that picture btw is not the car i am pursuing. mine will obv be black.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank god.

you only live once, you arent destitute, you arent over spending, sticking it all away so you have an extra 100k when you are 30 isnt going to kill you, you have plenty of time to make money, enjoy it now imo. congrats on teh ride
Old 09-26-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/wet towel lecture]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you've ever met me in real life you will see i am a bigger nit than prob 99% of this forum. i just had a six figure score and am allocating zero (ZERO) to poker. i'm rebuilding a new roll at 100nl. this has many peers laughing at me.

your fears however are totally understandable. i'm not even 21 yet.

anyways ship the porsche. will update the thread in a few days if things go right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice job on the prorsche. But why would you want to even worsen your financial situation by moving down in stakes?