Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Beat: My Life

full TR please.... oh wait...... never mind
Old 08-31-2007, 06:34 PM

it's great to hear you're getting help lurker, this thread is really a great thing and i send my best wishes to you, to those who went the extra mile like drizzle ms and poker mom, bravo.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Around there, personally, yes. But its common knowledge that most people who tell others they're going to kill themselves generally don't want to. Any intro psych student knows that much. Sure, there are a few rare occasions. I don't respect people that talk about suicide or go through with it. It's the most selfish act one can do. Just my thoughts on it.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey just as an FYI. I'm not an intro psych student, but I do know this:

My mom told me she was thinking about killing herself. She said she was standing on one of the upper levels of a parking structure, and she was thinking about how easy it would be to jump off. She's not here anymore, she hanged herself. Lot of [censored] good your intro psych books do for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a B.A. in psychology, although I never took clinical courses.

What they teach in Psych 101 is the opposite of what that guy said. Anybody who mentions suicide becomes more of a suicide risk. Even if it is in passing. People who are mentally healthy simply do not mention the possibility of their death in everyday conversation.

I'm sorry about your loss.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 PM

can we get an update from anyone who knows him?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:19 PM

Suicide is sooooo pointless, personally I would never do it, but if I really did want to I would be forced to wait for the conlcusion to LOST, just in tv alone this upcoming year is gonna be amazing:

-LOST Season 4
-The Office Season (4?)
-New NFL Season ldo

Also if I was ever going to commit suicide Id try to get super lucky and run really good first, like robbing a bank or something that way if I get away w/ it I have tons of $$$$ and if I dont im in jail and can figure out a way to die in there (it would be harder, challenges are good for you in general).

Also, if you were going to do it, why set a date "im doing it tommorow" Seriously what would you lose by living another year before death? Why not just live the next 50 years?

Whatever your going through is obv super messed up but there is about 1,000,000,000,000 things you'd rather be doing than lying in a grave.

Nice work to people calling the cops.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to hear you didnt do it! Hope everything works out for you and you feel better soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BBV:

I gotta say, I'm impressed. Can't imagine what would have happened if he posted in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

* on the death certificate ldo. Too soon?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Around there, personally, yes. But its common knowledge that most people who tell others they're going to kill themselves generally don't want to. Any intro psych student knows that much. Sure, there are a few rare occasions. I don't respect people that talk about suicide or go through with it. It's the most selfish act one can do. Just my thoughts on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in grad school for social psych and have taught several psychology courses, and I've never heard that. You're right that it is common knowledge though - just not necessarily true. Google "talking about suicide" (or actually look in a psychology or mental health textbook) and you'll see that it's a common MYTH that people who talk about suicide won't really do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank. You.

Goddamn pop-psychology ignoramuses please stfu or gtfo.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you just start taking prozac. I started like 2 weeks ago and my Dr said a small % of people Get even more depressed often resuling in suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wrote a huge long thing about this and then deleted it for some reason. It didn't feel like the right time. Maybe I should retype it up.

In short, increased depression and suicidal thoughts are common initial side effects. Usually they go away but in some people they never do. Depsite the overwhelming help it's given people prozac, along with it's very similar brother zoloft, is getting phased out of use because of these detriments and newer, more effective medicines are being opted for.

This is why a perosn should always talk to somebody. It could be a very simple and tangible problem such as this.

I could go into more detail if anybody has any interest.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might prescribe myself prozac down in Tijuana. I realize I make my own reality but I can't help but feel like [censored] most of the time. Drugs might be the easy way out or whatever but if it works then whatever. I could care less about side effects as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious. Start a new thread about this as you couldn't be making a worse decision.