Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Go all in?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not as far fetched as it seems seeing as the BB bet $120 on the flop in a 30/60 game.

First thing I do is let him know that the maximum bet on the flop is $60. Then I raise the flop one time to make it seem like I have top pair. Then I keep raising the turn because I am in position - unless the board pairs and you suspect he may have hit his quads.

After each of you has raised 3 times on the turn, you could in theory ask him if he wants to go all in because this could take too much time... Some Floors will allow this I have heard - but it is better to know in advance what your room's policy is. Thats a terrible question to ask if it is not even possible. My preference in the case that it is allowed would be to say something like "this is going to take forever" and let him suggest going all in...
Old 08-14-2007, 04:04 PM

I will be in LA this weekend and looking to play some limited bet hold them. I am going to try and play some 20-40 at Commerce on Thursday night. For all you regulars, enjoy my money, but at least let me lose it slow enough that I can have a few drinks and a few laughs before returning dejected.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ben, the 10/20 is just as good at foxwoods. It plays a little less crazy, but everybody is so obvious in that game that it's still very beatable for a lot of money

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you're saying, but the fact that 5/10 Kill is the same game as the10/20, plays at almost the exact same limits and the increase in comps at 20/40 means anybody worth his weight probably shouldn't be at 10/20 too long.

P.S. I met the people from your home game in the 30 game last night. Had Bfast with one of them after the game broke at 5:30AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:24 PM

Things I learned this weekend:
Dealing with maniac games.
When to play with 2p2ers and when not to.
How to defend Ax in blind steal spots.
Don't choose the 2nd biggest games you've ever played to mis-click live for the first time ever.
2p2ers are pretty trustworthy/good people.
To play focused for over 15+ hours and have it pay off with a few extra bets.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:31 PM

Hmmm something funny happened yesterday at the Commerce. I was playing 40 when i hear some guy yell out loud at the 60, "Hey Floorman i need a change there's too many white guys at my table, i need a change, i need a table with some asian players, these white guys play too tight!" ...haha i thought that was quite funny... none of the asians at my table laughed though.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you just have to raise him one at a time extremely fast. If you can get the chips out there fast enough and the dealer either counts his raises or he flings chips fast too you have a shot. I would never suggest going all in to him but would pull a lame hollywood act if he suggested it (I don't think Bellagio will enforce this anyway so one at a time is safest).

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in a 30 game at the Bellagio where 2 players raised and reraised on the flop until they were frustrated enough to just say "let's put it in." They both agreed to put their 2 $1000 racks in on a flop of 8d 3d 2d. Ad Qd somehow held up over Td 5d.

The Bellagio didn't have any problem with their request.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm something funny happened yesterday at the Commerce. I was playing 40 when i hear some guy yell out loud at the 60, "Hey Floorman i need a change there's too many white guys at my table, i need a change, i need a table with some asian players, these white guys play too tight!" ...haha i thought that was quite funny... none of the asians at my table laughed though.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I would laugh too...

A third of the old asian regulars at the 20 tables are emotionless mutes except for occasional expressions of frustrations after numerous bad beats.. Then a walk for their 35th smoke of the day.

they are also some of the few regulars that played against me well in HU pots...
Old 08-14-2007, 10:35 PM

Asians are so different @ Canterbury. I noticed this after going to Cali. They have fun at the table in MN, which loosens up the game and makes it less of a grind.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 AM

I am asian.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am asian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a good Asian or a bad Asian?

P.S. obv Im kidding. think my generalization is more about being Californian as opposed to Minnesotan rather than Asian/non-Asian. Not sure that is any less offensive.
Closed Thread