View Poll Results: ___
Detroit 0 0%
Chicago (H) 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't have control over your emotions, just ban your own chat & you can have them turn it on when you want. There's nothing wrong with berating fish out loud or in your head but leave it out of the [censored] chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

theres a lot wrong with it, even if you're not acting it out.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't have control over your emotions, just ban your own chat & you can have them turn it on when you want. There's nothing wrong with berating fish out loud or in your head but leave it out of the [censored] chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:46 PM

wtf does the auto rebuy option do on stars for cash games? for me i dont think it works
Old 08-02-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you berating someone for giving you money ?

when they call PSB's to the river with their flush draw and hit, why are you getting mad? they just handed you so much in equity that you should be happy. getting sucked out on isn't reason to get upset and think/act out nasty thoughts.

when you berate someone it's usually because they sucked out on you. this is a terrible mindset to have, as it indicates to me that you look at the game as win/lose (good/bad), not the most profitable play.

obviously this is something every poker player i've ever met has problems dealing with, me especially. it's very hard to get out of the good/bad mindset and see the game for what it is, an epic battal of bold and aggressive moves where we strive to make +ev bets, calls, raises and folds.

edit:

furthermore, being mad and angry all the time (more hands you play, the more hands you're going to lose, and conversely win) is really unhealthy and will greatly limit the amount of poker you can play, negatively affect your game, real life, and overall health.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:56 PM

When I scream at the computer I'm not berate the fish, I'm berating God. Is that ok?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

when they call PSB's to the river with their flush draw and hit, why are you getting mad? they just handed you so much in equity that you should be happy. getting sucked out on isn't reason to get upset and think/act out nasty thoughts.

when you berate someone it's usually because they sucked out on you. this is a terrible mindset to have, as it indicates to me that you look at the game as win/lose (good/bad), not the most profitable play.

obviously this is something every poker player i've ever met has problems dealing with, me especially. it's very hard to get out of the good/bad mindset and see the game for what it is, an epic battal of bold and aggressive moves where we strive to make +ev bets, calls, raises and folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're insulting my intelligence. Did you honestly just type that out for me? Do you really think I don't understand this? Whatever I do is purely for comical relief/anger release. Like I said, I don't type it in the chat.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:00 PM

my sarcasm filter is broken :O

sorry didn't mean to insult anyone
Old 08-02-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

edit:

furthermore, being mad and angry all the time (more hands you play, the more hands you're going to lose, and conversely win) is really unhealthy and will greatly limit the amount of poker you can play, negatively affect your game, real life, and overall health.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you get mad at strippers or something in Vegas and start throwing money out of the car on the way home?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:03 PM

Don't worry, you aren't really insulting anything, I just meant that I totally understand why we shouldn't berate fish & I've been trying to get people to stop for a long, long time. Do you think it's acceptable if its a means of comic relief/anger release and a anti-tilt tool for me or should I just avoid it because it's stupid to even think that way?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 PM

wiggs,

different subject matter, related tho.
im bad at taking out my anger on money
Closed Thread