Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: OOT weekly thread: minor things that infuriate you

When I'm sitting alone in a restaurant (usually at lunch time) and people feel the need to come up and talk to you. I know they are just trying to be nice, but I enjoy my alone time and lunch is my little bit of alone time each day and they are ruining it for me. And of course I can't tell them to leave me alone cause then I look like a dick. Ugh I hate this.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I'm sitting alone in a restaurant (usually at lunch time) and people feel the need to come up and talk to you. I know they are just trying to be nice, but I enjoy my alone time and lunch is my little bit of alone time each day and they are ruining it for me. And of course I can't tell them to leave me alone cause then I look like a dick. Ugh I hate this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. Are you some sort of famous guy that people come over and ask for autographs and stuff? Or do people just come and chat with random people in a restaurant sitting alone?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. Are you some sort of famous guy that people come over and ask for autographs and stuff? Or do people just come and chat with random people in a restaurant sitting alone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this too.

The answer is: bums. Some of them hang round food courts and try to get in a fake conversation with you about anything or nothing -- which is annoying as hell in the first place. And then of course they ask you for some free money.

I HATE being asked for money when I'm: 1) driving, 2) eating, or 3) on the toilet. After that, it's open season on me, but fer crissake, give me some respect at least during those few key times, or I hate you.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I HATE being asked for money when I'm: 1) driving,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, very LA thing, pretty annoying.

[ QUOTE ]
2) eating,

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly can't recall this happening.

[ QUOTE ]
or 3) on the toilet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what?

-Al
Old 07-12-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Blarg mentioned bums.

Does it bother you if friends come over and talk to you? Or just random people? How about people you kinda sorta know?

I don't think I've ever been asked for money while dining. But I don't live in a city with many bums (or at least they all just hang out at the park rather than restaurants).

One time though I was at a coffee shop working with my friend, and he got up to go to the bathroom. A chick (who I don't think saw him ever) came over and pointed to his laptop and asked, "Is this taken?" I was kind of confused because wtf asks if a computer is taken? So I ask her if she means the chair, and she says no the computer. I stare kind of bewildered for a moment before she blurts, "omg I'm so dumb" and she walks away muttering "I'm so dumb I'm so dumb I'm so dumb"
Old 07-12-2007, 02:31 PM

She probably works for Verizon.

-Al
Old 07-12-2007, 02:32 PM

when people include irrelevant details in a story, wtf man!
Old 07-12-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when people include irrelevant details in a story, wtf man!

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard with bums. Not only do they have to bum money, and make you sit through a story for it, but they gotta add detail to make it "authentic."
Old 07-12-2007, 02:52 PM

Just thought of this on the way up from my smoke break because someone was yapping on their cell, but:

Talking on the phone in elevators and the Bluetooth thingies attached to peoples ears.

I don't know why but those things bug the [censored] out of me.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Lifeguards who just LOVE to blow their whistles at anything and everything. The kid isn't drowning just because his feet can't touch the floor, and that annoying toot is really turding up my relaxing sunbathe by the pool.

Accordion-playing street 'entertainers' who move from bar to bar where I live. I have never met, nor do I wish to meet, anyone who was having a drink or maybe a bite to eat on a nice summer day and thought 'what this moment needs is more accordion'.