Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: **** JULY LOW CONENT THREAD ****

***Last email I sent stars.***

Support,

It took a second for my account to get updated. I found the private tournament option on my account. Those options however aren’t going to work for what I need. Like the High Stakes No Limit forum Heads Up Tournament that is going on now with the "Special Heads-Up Matches" in blue under the private section of the MTT tab, I need something very similar to this setup. This is all being organized on the same site and in the same High Stakes No Limit forum as the matches currently running. Allot of the same players will be playing and I'm sure all the regulars on the site as well as the railbirds would appreciate getting this worked out.

I was told the structure that is desired wasn't available? There is a 300bb no escalating HU SNG for NLHE; I know this because that is what the "special hu matches" are. This same format can't be switched to PLO and/or the starting stacks can't be reduced to 200bb or 250bb or whatever whoever creates these sort of matches types in? I'm not sure how this works, but it would seem (to me at least) that with the ease the "special HU matches" in blue that are currently running was set up, that the same PLO special matches could be setup as well. I'm sorry if this is getting annoying, I'm just trying to get this organized and setup so we can take the next step in setting up and running this Heads Up PLO tournament. Thanks you.

Scott
sco0ot

***This is the second time I've emailed this to support. I am mainly concerned with what sort of HU PLO private matches pokerstars can offer CURRENLTY. If there isn't an available HU PLO NO ESCALATING BLINDS DEEP STACK SNG that can be specially created as a private match, much like the current "special Heads up Matches" that are in the private games section now, then I would like to know NOW. There are allot of people waiting on this to see if it can be set up or not. If it can, great let me know or put me in contact with someone who can create them. If not, please tell me the options we have to get private HU SNG matches. I would like to know what is currently available. Lastly, I have asked for Heads up cash game tables...like many many many people have before and the typical reply was, "we'll send it to our ideas team, thanks allot, bye" and nothing has came of it. So when I got the reply with "There is no structure available for what you requested, we'll send it to our ideas team" I was not happy. Is there anyone I can talk to at this "ideas department" that I can speak with, work with, in getting some HU PLO matches setup for the players at 2+2. Thanks a lot.

Scott

***PokerStars last reply.***

Hello Scott,

Thank you very much for your email.

Yes, you are totally right the reason why we don't have a PLO version for
our Private Tourneys is basically because Hold'em tournaments are more
popular and this is why we offer more variety of them.

However, if you want to have a private tournament with Pot Limit Omaha
characteristics, or any other not listed on the private tournaments
options, you can send us the tournament details and we can forwarded it to
the tournaments management for consideration.

By forwarding it to Tourneys Management there is no guarantee that they
will allow you to have the tournament the way you requested it, however if
it is possible for them make all the arrangements for you to have it, rest
assure that they will post it for you.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

AnaM
PokerStars Support Team
Old 07-31-2007, 06:20 PM

Kind off topic but if anyone fancies watching me doing my nuts on 5/10 stars, you're welcome to share my misery. Dropped a dime in min bet after wanting a change of pace and am now majorly tilted up.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:45 PM

PLO on ESPN tonight for WSOP. Starts at 8pm EST for those interested.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:42 PM

If PokerStars can't do it, can Full Tilt? They have heads-up PLO S+Gs already, but I don't know about organising private tourneys or if they can do non-escalating blinds.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:03 PM

I don't think it's dead at all, there are like 16 almost confirmed. But it will mostly take place in HSNL, I moved the official thread there. We're going to wait till their tourney is over or nearly over.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
***Last email I sent stars.***

Support,

It took a second for my account to get updated. I found the private tournament option on my account. Those options however aren’t going to work for what I need. Like the High Stakes No Limit forum Heads Up Tournament that is going on now with the "Special Heads-Up Matches" in blue under the private section of the MTT tab, I need something very similar to this setup. This is all being organized on the same site and in the same High Stakes No Limit forum as the matches currently running. Allot of the same players will be playing and I'm sure all the regulars on the site as well as the railbirds would appreciate getting this worked out.

I was told the structure that is desired wasn't available? There is a 300bb no escalating HU SNG for NLHE; I know this because that is what the "special hu matches" are. This same format can't be switched to PLO and/or the starting stacks can't be reduced to 200bb or 250bb or whatever whoever creates these sort of matches types in? I'm not sure how this works, but it would seem (to me at least) that with the ease the "special HU matches" in blue that are currently running was set up, that the same PLO special matches could be setup as well. I'm sorry if this is getting annoying, I'm just trying to get this organized and setup so we can take the next step in setting up and running this Heads Up PLO tournament. Thanks you.

Scott
sco0ot

***This is the second time I've emailed this to support. I am mainly concerned with what sort of HU PLO private matches pokerstars can offer CURRENLTY. If there isn't an available HU PLO NO ESCALATING BLINDS DEEP STACK SNG that can be specially created as a private match, much like the current "special Heads up Matches" that are in the private games section now, then I would like to know NOW. There are allot of people waiting on this to see if it can be set up or not. If it can, great let me know or put me in contact with someone who can create them. If not, please tell me the options we have to get private HU SNG matches. I would like to know what is currently available. Lastly, I have asked for Heads up cash game tables...like many many many people have before and the typical reply was, "we'll send it to our ideas team, thanks allot, bye" and nothing has came of it. So when I got the reply with "There is no structure available for what you requested, we'll send it to our ideas team" I was not happy. Is there anyone I can talk to at this "ideas department" that I can speak with, work with, in getting some HU PLO matches setup for the players at 2+2. Thanks a lot.

Scott

***PokerStars last reply.***

Hello Scott,

Thank you very much for your email.

Yes, you are totally right the reason why we don't have a PLO version for
our Private Tourneys is basically because Hold'em tournaments are more
popular and this is why we offer more variety of them.

However, if you want to have a private tournament with Pot Limit Omaha
characteristics, or any other not listed on the private tournaments
options, you can send us the tournament details and we can forwarded it to
the tournaments management for consideration.

By forwarding it to Tourneys Management there is no guarantee that they
will allow you to have the tournament the way you requested it, however if
it is possible for them make all the arrangements for you to have it, rest
assure that they will post it for you.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

AnaM
PokerStars Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

You misspelled "a lot".