Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:07 AM

Default Re: July Low-Content Thread

Thank goodness, I was about to win some money while I watched Family Guy playing some nice relaxing 10/20 and 15/30 limited Hold Them, but I decided to let this happen to me about 20 times instead to make sure I lost some more money. I know I'm running great when before he even donks the river I am thinking to myself "this is going to be hilarious when he has AQ" even though nobody could possibly be so horrible as to play AQ so passively. I guess this guy would, he must have known he had only 2 outs so better to c/c down and then let me spew off some money when I assumed like a moron that TPTK with the nut flush draw could possibly win a pot. I'm not a PT guru but I'm pretty sure 32% W$SD is pretty good right? Especially when you showdown only 35% of your hands? Certainly better than the 1% I ran at yesterday playing live.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Results:
BB has Qs Ad (two pair, aces and queens).
Hero has Ah Kc (one pair, aces).
Outcome: BB wins 9.25 BB.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 AM

Why the hell did you raise the river? I think steam-tilt is costing you a BB for every 5BBs you lose on bad beats.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:26 AM

Because I have to give him credit for either making two pair on the river with the Q or to be retardedly donking the river with some pair that he's never folding and the retarded donks way outweigh the two pair.

The last time I was in a somewhat similar situation was this hand:

Horrible lag fish opens wherever I 3bet AQ he calls
Flop 78Q he c/r I call
Turn 5 he bet/3 and call 4
River 5 he bets I think a while and raise he calls and shows QT

His play is beyond retarded and he incinerated his money.

In the AK hand if the river was a T or a J or whatever and he donked and I raised and he called which is a very realistic possibility I would have the dollars. It happened to be a Q so it happens to look like I spewed. I'm definitely guilty of putting in too much action sometimes but this definitely wasn't the hand where it happened.

I'm glad there are so many other poor souls awake from 1-5am because I get really bored at this time of day on days that I don't play live.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:48 AM

Im finding it increasingly difficult to go to bed before 400 am
Old 07-15-2007, 10:00 AM

yeah, me too, I'm finding it difficult to wake up before 4 pm as well, I guess I'm lazy [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mostly play online shorthanded, so maybe
that has something to do with it. In general, it seems like
a tight/aggressive approach should do ok in that game, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

TAG is always good but I play a lot looser in that game because of all the action. Also, I've been playing a bit of 5-10 6 max on FT for about a month or so. It took me a bit to adjust but now I'm winning at it. IMO, the strategies needed to beat that game are very different from those needed to beat a full ring live game. So different that it may be the reason for your problem, I'm not sure.

I think you should try posting some hands. The players on here (very expert and I'm not including me) are generous in the extreme in sharing their knowledge.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:35 AM

Standard river raise /end strategy.

HOWMANY: Were you sweating Maria? She won 240k I wonder if she shares that with Roc.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-15-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm down 115 big bets over my last 24.5 hours at CAZ 20.
Is this a standard downswing for such a retarded game?

Seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a game of retared weak tights that would be very bad. But that's not what the game is. You can't protect a good hand.

I went there about a week ago with friend. I was up about 60 big bets, friend down about 75 big bets, and this was only about a five hour session.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:34 PM

So I'm booking my tickets tomorrow, will stay at Commerce from August 9th to the 12th or 13th. If anyone wants to get dinner or meet up at the tables, PM me, I'll shoot y'all my cell #. May or may not go with a poker playing friend, has a 2 + 2 account but not many posts (deznuts on Stars, mostly a tourney player)
Old 07-15-2007, 06:19 PM

bellagio 30

QQ in mp, two limps, i raise, a coldcall or two who knows.

flop Qh 3c 7d

utg donks, i raise. call.

turn Th

utg donks, i raise. call.

river 4h

utg donks, i raise. he looks very confused and says "caught them hearts, heh?" me: wtf??? then calls and tables 33 for the underset.

i don't know what pissed me off more- not getting paid off with set over set or that he put me on hearts. LOL live players
Closed Thread