Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Fashions you love/hate

I really like fluffpop's taste in purses and dresses. And I still maintain that the ties are sexy. (Then again, I think I just like ties on men [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 07-03-2007, 08:22 AM

What do you guys think of bangs? Like 'em?

Mena Suvari -

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiPwPIpG.p4AYRmjzbkF/SIG=12b1taqnp/EXP=1183551088/**http%3A//a.movies.com/i/bios/suvari_g_davidlivingston.jpg[/img]

Mena Without Bangs -

Reese,

Old 07-03-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that the pink and green ties are not my cup of tea. At the very least, I think that pairing one of those ties with a white shirt and black pants is not right. A tie like that, to me, seems like it'd call for a little more color somewhere so it's not standing out like a neon sign in a nunnery. I'd dig the look more if they were paired with shirts that coordinated a little more. The black shirt is a little better with the tie than the white one, but I'd still prefer there was more color up top if you're going for such a bright tie. I think the guy in the green shirt and the guy in the white shirt should swap ties.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's the colour I don't like so much as the pattern. It seems a popular belief that in order for a man to look distinct his tie must "leap-out" with an irregular, printed pattern. IMO the ties would be far better off if they where striped.

I agree that, colour wise, the ties are inappropiate with the rest of the men's outfits.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:49 AM

Ya; what can I say; I didn't pick out the outfits, just the ties.

Katy,
I feel like the bangs are an attempt to look younger. I am not a fan.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM

I really don't like the one strap dresses. I can only think of one exception to that rule: Keira Knightly's dress.

I second the hate for popped collars and the dislike for the shirts that are tight at the top and loose at the bottom. Sorry for all the negative.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the ties on the left and right are two ties I have bought at Lilly for David.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, wow.

Please believe me that I am trying not to be overly harsh, but I must say that the two pink and green ties are not only profoundly ugly, but completely inappropriate for any occasion I can think of where a man would wear a tie.

Wait, I thought of one occasion where those ties might be appropriate: if your boyfriend is in a play, playing a gay man who dresses exclusively in pastels, perhaps at an Easter egg hunt.

If your boyfriend/other friends are not auditioning for these kinds of roles, please don't put them in the awkward position of having to wear these monstrosities to avoid hurting your feelings.

Ties are not meant to be outrageous and/or the most-talked about item of clothing at parties. They are meant to be complementary items that set off the gentleman's suit and shirt, without shouting.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:31 PM

I often like bangs just fine. A girl like Suvari has such an odd looking fivehead that she especially could do well with them.

But I don't like the type she's wearing, that stick into the eyeball and you have to see through and just pretend you and everyone else is ignoring. I'm not a big fan of anything that makes you act or look unnatural or like you're overtly trying to be fashionable. Fashion should make the person come into focus and look more attractive, not turn attention toward itself by flapping its arms like a loud drunk going "Look at me, look at meeeeeee!"
Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the ties on the left and right are two ties I have bought at Lilly for David.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, wow.

Please believe me that I am trying not to be overly harsh, but I must say that the two pink and green ties are not only profoundly ugly, but completely inappropriate for any occasion I can think of where a man would wear a tie.

Wait, I thought of one occasion where those ties might be appropriate: if your boyfriend is in a play, playing a gay man who dresses exclusively in pastels, perhaps at an Easter egg hunt.

If your boyfriend/other friends are not auditioning for these kinds of roles, please don't put them in the awkward position of having to wear these monstrosities to avoid hurting your feelings.

Ties are not meant to be outrageous and/or the most-talked about item of clothing at parties. They are meant to be complementary items that set off the gentleman's suit and shirt, without shouting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And these are not the ties of a gentleman. They're more like a lady's summer dress or housefrau dress. I could see wearing that pattern if you were pregnant.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like the one strap dresses. I can only think of one exception to that rule: Keira Knightly's dress.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like one strap dresses either. Every year when I watch the Academy Awards I see some beautiful actress in a one strap dress and I really hate it. (I don't even like Keira's dress [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 07-03-2007, 12:37 PM

I've never seen a one-strap dress before. They look stupid.