Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Nation\'s Modship

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly, the best play is to quit playing poker and make a business out of selling high quality almost-bot software to players that currently do worse than breakeven. Let them push the buttons.

Sigh. As technology advances, online poker regresses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly...

As soon as online poker is "officially legal" in the US, expect to see the infomercials....
Old 05-11-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It doesnt surprise me you are sticking up for your friend. I think almost everyone would. But the evidence is rather damning. Please dont state you know for FACT he is not a bot. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the evidence that Full Tilt decided he is not a bot? Don't you see this thread only exists because someone was mad after he felt Full Tilt ruled the wrong way so he felt it was time for an internet vigilante response to get even with the botters (who are not botters after all)?

[/ QUOTE ]

tt -

full tilt never "decided he is not a bot". have you read the original thread or the response from ftp?

it's crazy that people are saying nation shouldn't be demodded if he knowingly tried to cover up for botters. absolutely insane.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:17 PM

if he gets demodded, can I be the next full ring mod?
Old 05-11-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's some quality ambulance-chasing MT2R. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluff, you should review Stars software FAQ , which very explicitly allows Decision Support Software (which I define as, software that tells you what to do). To clarify, I would put PT and PAHUD in the category of Tracking Software. Review some of the other allowed software on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper,

I don't want to hijack this thread, not that it shouldn't be though I guess, with this discussion, but you are interpreting it to mean differently than I am. It says "external" software, though their definition of "unfair advantage" along with it causes confusion in the meaning. However I would bet that they do not in fact mean it is OK to have what is essentially bot softare make the decision as long as you click the buttons. Furthermore stars nor the sites all together aren't the arbiter ethically of what is fair or not, just as not every action against their T&C is unethical.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's some quality ambulance-chasing MT2R. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I've been outspoken against him being demodded.

I just think I'd be real good as FRNLol mod.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:15 PM

another vote for him being demodded. blindly ignoring any ethical issues shouldn't be tolerated under the cover of "it is was within T&C."

I for one also think mods should be respectful of other posters at all times, shouldn't call them idiots etc... but of course many 2+2 mods do this too...
Old 05-11-2007, 06:31 PM

I would like to weigh in for the silent 2+2 majority and say that I don't really care if Nation is mod or not. I bet the owners feel the same way.

So flip a coin or roll a 8 sided die or something.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to state my support for any MT2R for mod campaign, regardless of any demodding.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bluff, you should review Stars software FAQ , which very explicitly allows Decision Support Software (which I define as, software that tells you what to do). To clarify, I would put PT and PAHUD in the category of Tracking Software. Review some of the other allowed software on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper,

I don't want to hijack this thread, not that it shouldn't be though I guess, with this discussion, but you are interpreting it to mean differently than I am. It says "external" software, though their definition of "unfair advantage" along with it causes confusion in the meaning. However I would bet that they do not in fact mean it is OK to have what is essentially bot softare make the decision as long as you click the buttons. Furthermore stars nor the sites all together aren't the arbiter ethically of what is fair or not, just as not every action against their T&C is unethical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff, if you go to the sites for the allowed software, you will quickly see what each of the software apps do. Whether the line is in the right place (ethically), is another question... but its hard to fault people for using every allowable edge.