Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

Off topic, but the Canadian dollar should go up again soon when the Bank of Canada actually decides to raise interest rates rather than just announcing that they might have to. So in the short term, I think the Canadian dollar will only get stronger, not weaker against the U.S. dollar. Over the extreme short term (i.e. tomorrow) I expect the Canadian dollar to back off just a bit since it shot up today as an overreaction.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My suggestion - pick a promo to do at PokerSavvy, deposit to the poker room with your CC. When you're finished the promo, cash your Savvy points out to Moneybookers. You can then make a small deposit at that site with MB, and withdraw whatever you like back into MB...you're good to go!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobo, will any other site take a RB Visa card? I'd be inclined to think NO, just as EFT or Nothing said. Looks like it's best to get a Citi or BMO card and go with that. I should be able to fund my MB account that way as well.

Speaking of Poker Savvy, are the promos there better than using RakeFreeze or similar? (hope I'm not hijacking)
Old 05-30-2007, 10:41 PM

RBC Visa, I really have no idea...can't see why not. My CIBC Visa has worked the few times I've used it.

As to PokerSavvy vs. RakeFreeze...completely different kettle of fish. Never heard of RakeFreeze until you mentioned them, but I looked them up and it appears they are a regular rakeback affiliate. I use a couple of the RB affiliates advertised here, primarily RTR but also RakeReduction, they're both great.

Back to PokerSavvy...both they and PSO give "points" for signup offers, which you can use for merchandise or gift certificates at poker rooms, or even money in MB with PokerSavvy. You get these items INSTEAD of rakeback...it's one OR the other, although you still get the poker room's sign-up offer with either one. There are many networks that have multiple skins, I certainly don't need rakeback at every skin on the same network, so I do many of these gift orders. I believe I've done 9 through PSO and 11 through PokerSavvy now...both are first-rate affiliates. To fund MB, though, Savvy is the way to go.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:58 PM

RBC Visa blocks all purchases to gambling sites. You're going to have to apply for another card at a different financial institution.

I applied online for a TD Visa and recieved my card in the mail in 5 business days.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 PM

I was wondering what the best option for WPEX and pokerstars would be?Instadebit seems very good and sounds almost the same as Neteller but i must be wrong?What do you think my best option would be?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:00 AM

Requested cashout from Party: 8:48 PM
Money received in Moneybookers: 12:36 AM

I'm impressed!
Old 06-01-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering what the best option for WPEX and pokerstars would be?Instadebit seems very good and sounds almost the same as Neteller but i must be wrong?What do you think my best option would be?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure if you've read this thread much (like the first page?); AFAIK Instadebit isn't even available at Stars.

I believe Moneybookers is the ONLY eWallet that works at both, and it is a good choice regardless.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 AM

moneybookers + (Party-EFT or Instadebit or Click2Pay or UseMyBank or anything really) = the nuts
Old 06-01-2007, 02:56 PM

yeah i noticed that but would insta debit be the best option for WPX?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:38 PM

So got some mail from Paradise saying they have an online banking option involving the Interac payments. They didn't mention withdrawals so I'm assuming one can't withdraw via this option. I find it amusing how enthusiastic the mail was about how we should worry no more about depositing because they've solved that problem -- if you somehow don't lose money though they aren't working on any solutions to make withdrawing any easier. Maybe one can withdraw but since they didn't mention it I'm not so confident -- I've fired off the question to support.

As far as I can tell RBC charges $1.50 for Interacs (no charge to receive) and PCFinancial is free. Don't know about other banks but I'm sure the info is on their sites.

http://www.sportingbet.com/t/info/canadian-payment.aspx