Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you regularly go to the driving range alone?
Yes 152 62.81%
No 54 22.31%
I don't play golf / This thread sucks / Show me the results 36 14.88%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 14 Discussion -spoiler free-

I expected their last words to be something like this:

(buried alive)

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN NNNN
Old 03-29-2007, 12:45 PM

ok, this thread is making me crazy........

haven't paolo and nikki both been on a bunch of other episodes??? i mean a bunch this season. especially paolo.
talking interacting, being a bit more than minor characters.

everyone is acting like they have never seen them before.
is this a giant lost conspiracy? am i the only one who could see them before?? omg, please answer i am feeling like desmond on this one.

lol, J.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ah, yeah, well, whenever you notice something like that, the smoke monster did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU STOLE MY BIT!

And I even included the original wav clip from the episode! (See last week's thread)
Old 03-29-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

haven't paolo and nikki both been on a bunch of other episodes??? i mean a bunch this season. especially paolo.

is this a giant lost conspiracy? am i the only one who could see them before?? omg, please answer i am feeling like desmond on this one.

lol, J.

[/ QUOTE ]

they were introduced this year, and people have been generally annoyed at their presence whenever they have appeared. they never served any purpose.

to JOA's point, they were introduced b/c people were sick of the flashbacks of the major characters. my response to that would be "there are other solutions besides adding Cousin Oliver". (yes, these 2 weren't kids, but they were added to simply 'freshen up' the show, instead of the writers doing the same by advancing the existing plot lines)
Old 03-29-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lol, J.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, maybe. I noticed them, but was more thinking that they were "ramping up" to be major characters. Can you name anything that either one of them did or said, that couldn't easily be done by another character?

For example Juliet had to be a doctor, because it added all kinds of dimensions to Jack's plot.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, Nikki and Paulo were introduced because a lot of people were hoping they'd introduce new characters as to get the focus off the constant flashbacks on jack, kate, sawyer, etc. I think they introduced them at the wrong time though because there's no way you can have them as part of the show with all that's going on.

Oh well, at least they made this one good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why go out of their way to give them their own episode, though? They barely had 2 lines, a casual viewer might not miss them. Couldn't they have just ignored them for the next 3 seasons? Or, lacking that, kept given them the same fate as the red-shirted people who beamed down with Captain Kirk? Holding them back for that, when needed, would seem kind of handy.

[/ QUOTE ]

both actors are to "hot" right now to simply allow to hang around as bit players. The fact is they introduced them not 100% knowing their purpose...then fans went apeshit about how much they hated them...then they focused on other crap that was more important like Locke,the island, etc etc

Then they were like well we have to get rid of these guys but lets do it in a cool way. And with LOST the coolest way to get rid of a character is to give him a flashback episode and kill him at the end. Boone, Shannon, Eko, etc etc

So they both made the fans happy by offing two characters they hated, they made the actors/and people involved with the show happy by "letting them off the hook" and allowing them to do other stuff(bnoth the actors and the writing staff), and they made the casual viewer happy by giving them a little resolution to the two new characters in a cool way..and for the hardcore viewer they gave a little glimpse into the overal storyline of the show.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:59 PM

Charlie,
I probably agree that the writers came up with a good solution, albeit to a problem they unnecessarily caused.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Charlie,
I probably agree that the writers came up with a good solution, albeit to a problem they unnecessarily caused.

[/ QUOTE ]

with a show this big and complex story wise...its just part of the deal that your going to have minor screwups that result in characters needing to be killed off. One case were they jumpoed the gun on this is Boone. I kinda get the feeling that looking back they would have liked that for the first character they had killed off someone else other than Ian.

Once they killed Boone, not sure they realized it at the time, they basically gave a death sentence to the Shannon character.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:09 PM

Most of the development of Paulo and Nikki happened when Sawyer was away. Now that makes sense from TV land, but ignores all the time that Sawyer spend sitting around and reading, and apparently ignoring the hot ass and what not.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:28 PM

I hope the rest of Lost viewers aren't lame nits like you guys. This episode was really good. Even if this was the last Nikki and Paolo episode, who cares. It was good and it was something that was clearly planned out quite a few episodes in advance and integrated well.

People bitch about 40 people or whatever in the background that do nothing. A couple of them do a little of something and it's not enough. Holy christ people. This isn't the "Cousin Oliver" scenario because these people were there all along. We knew they were there (although maybe not a specific name or face). They didn't come in and dominate episode after episode. They get one whole episode and from this thread you'd think it was the biggest waste of an hour in some of your lives. Hey, while you are at it, start bitching about the pilot who died in the first episode. Start bitching about the Russian dude. Start bitching about every other character that has existed in our view of the Lost world for only an episode or two before dying. I hate reading Lost threads because it just an opportunity for every retard with a keyboard to tell how much better a TV writer they would be.