Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Trip Report - DUI

[ QUOTE ]
The sad thing is that a number matters and not your physical state. This is stupid. I can't judge whether or not BB was impaired through a post, but passing the field tests should be enough IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to this. The legal limit should protect people against arbitrary arrests, not be incriminating in and of itself.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sad thing is that a number matters and not your physical state. This is stupid. I can't judge whether or not BB was impaired through a post, but passing the field tests should be enough IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

and the fact that I had a full and coherent conversation with the officer about my speeding and my registration prior to her even asking if I had been drinking.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

link?

[/ QUOTE ]

linky

[/ QUOTE ]

On the clock going to a field-service call in Downtown San Jose. I was in my own car, but on company time, so am under their insurance.

Coming down 280N from Milpitas, planning to take the 87N. In the slow/exit lane passing the 4th St. onramp as a car merges in front of me from 4th.

It was some little punk in a BMW 2002 and he was going about 30 mph.

I don't get in a big hurry to break and get a little close to display my displeasure at his speed.

He taps the breaks and then flips me off.

I move over to motor by him and as I get along side, he jestures again.

I jesture back and then proceed to put my front wheel-well into his driver door and run him to the rail.

I stop and offer to finish our conversation.

He jumps back in his car and locks the doors.

He sued me for $2k and won of course. My company paid.

edit/disclaimer: i was 22 at the time

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot believe you have had the balls to call my actions dangerous over the last 2 days...

Based on the post above, you are a pshyco... I would love to play poker against you or run into you at a bar. I don't think it would be hard to provoke you into starting a fight...

if I win- +EV and great satisfaction

if I lose- I sue your azz.. win lots of money... +EV and great satisfaction.

PLEASE stop posting in my thread. Your admitted actions above were probably 100x's more dangerous then my "potential" to "possibly" hit someone when I "might" be drunk... you're a loser.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:41 PM

there is a big difference between purposely doing something that is wrong and knowing it is wrong (me) and purposely doing something wrong and trying to convince yourself it was right (you).

...you don't understand this, i know...that's ok.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:44 PM

Dont drink and speed. I'll drive under the influence all the time but always set my cruise control to the speed limit or below. Driving the speed limit while buzzed at 1 AM is a lot less dangerous than driving on a cell phone at 4 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:46 PM

I agree with your side, but not your tactics or arguments. Logic's flawed everywhere.

Do you think someone who kills a person while driving drunk was doing it for the first time? No.

I hit a couple posts while driving drunk. I spent 3 days in jail and six months without a license. Am I glad I got pulled over? Yes. Why? Because I think about it now, whereas I didn't before. I always felt like I was fine. Now, I know the stages when I drink and know what I can and can't do at each stage. The night I got mine wasn't the first time - it was like the 3rd or 4th time at least I'd driven. I dont' remember hitting the poles. I just remember the impact and my airbag deploying. It scared me to think I could have hit and hurt someone else.

For a lot of people, getting a DUI and the counseling, or at least the "hey, think about all this" information that you get post-DUI help make the correct decision. Am I glad I spent a couple days in jail? Yes. It's changed my perspective and helped me take life more seriously.

I understand why they want a lower BAC level for a DUI - you don't want to make it at the point where someone is completely blitzed before not letting them drive. The level should be at a point where they can still function. However, I think when someone is right at, or barely above, the legal limit, there should be something like a warning. Because at .09 BAC, you are very functional. And I think that if you did a breathalyzer on yourself while drinking, you'd realize how functional .09 is.

However, drunkenness quickly grows exponentially. I just think they should have a warning level, and it should be more dependent on what the person is doing - i.e. consistently swerving, erratic speeds, other dangerous driving habits.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:53 PM

Don't think first time DUI is a felony. I know it's not in Ohio. It's not till your 3rd. And I think if you've got two, you need to start looking into some serious help.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a big difference between purposely doing something that is wrong and knowing it is wrong (me) and purposely doing something wrong and trying to convince yourself it was right (you).

...you don't understand this, i know...that's ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's some strong logic there, you're pretty amazing.

Question... Hitler and his cronies knew exactly what they were doing when they killed a couple million people, they did it on purpose... coincidentally, after the fact, during the war trials, they tried to argue that they didn't do anything wrong... so where does this example fit in? just wondering... your ignorance intrigues me and I'm trying to understand.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't think first time DUI is a felony. I know it's not in Ohio. It's not till your 3rd. And I think if you've got two, you need to start looking into some serious help.

[/ QUOTE ]

misdemeanor only.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PLEASE stop posting in my thread

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Question...

[/ QUOTE ]

you are not real good at this game huh?