Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: New Deposit Option on Pokerstars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I must be the unlucky one.

Tried loading $40(42.10) to the card and i got a "denied" message. Upon trying a second time i now get a "service not available for this card" message. I'm now basically locked out and private info left behind. I call the service number and explain to the woman and she said she showed a load transaction for the amount of $31.70 yesterday. I told her that that was impossible because i just apllied for it two hours ago. When i asked her how this could happen she goes into some kind of stuper and tells me i need to email payTru (gee, thanks for the help) but to not expect a response until monday because they don't work the weekend. WTF is that? Don't work the weekend?? What???

And after all that my bank account shows that they did indeed get the $42.10

I'm fookin' steamin'. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it is not an authorisation on your card? If so then it will drop off after a couple of days. If it makes it to your statement then you have a problem.

Maybe it failed address verification (AVS)... is your PS account address the same as the address for the credit card you used to try and load the thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's the same card i've used since i signed up with PS and NETELLER. Same address across the board except for the middle initial they gave me, which was wrong. Either way, how can they explain a load transaction on the card a day before i even signed up? I explained this to the service rep though so i don't know why she couldn't help me with the problem. Instead i have to wait until monday for a response because they don't work weekends? What a joke...

I'm going to call the number again.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

I do not approve of this testing without my knowledge. It would be so much better to send emails to players asking if they'd like to participate in beta testing for a new deposit method, as opposed to randomly teasing people with it and no one knowing WTF was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

A phased rollout is not testing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you want to call it, it's stupid and annoying to have to read an internet forum to figure out what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus guy, WTF. It's not MKULTRA of the Tuskeegee experiments. Your ignorance of the fact that's it's a phased rollout doesn't mean it's a civil rights violation. Use it, don't use it, that's all on you.

What you SHOULD have been pissed about was the fact that there is no easy way to get more info regarding the card. Instead you pretended someone sicced the German Shepherds on you then doused you with a firehose.

As to your other vacuous objection, HOW ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEMS UNTIL THEY IMPLEMENT THE SYSTEM? WELL? All the in house testing in the world never replicates the real world issues people run into. Hence Lee's very succinct, very cogent explanation of why 100 problems are FAR superior to 5000. Read his post. The re-read it. THEN get someone smarter than you to read it to you, and explain it.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

I do not approve of this testing without my knowledge. It would be so much better to send emails to players asking if they'd like to participate in beta testing for a new deposit method, as opposed to randomly teasing people with it and no one knowing WTF was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you want to call it, it's stupid and annoying to have to read an internet forum to figure out what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus guy, WTF. It's not MKULTRA of the Tuskeegee experiments. Your ignorance of the fact that's it's a phased rollout doesn't mean it's a civil rights violation. Use it, don't use it, that's all on you.

What you SHOULD have been pissed about was the fact that there is no easy way to get more info regarding the card. Instead you pretended someone sicced the German Shepherds on you then doused you with a firehose.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

dunno what to think, just lol
Old 02-24-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else getting the error message about your information not being valid when tryin to sign up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the same thing. I emailed support and they told me to contact Paytrue about it. Has anyone had success doing this? (I haven't emailed them yet)
Old 02-24-2007, 09:53 PM

I got the option today too. Took about 2 min to complete the sign up. I have not loaded any money on the card yet. However it is already an option to withdraw to on my stars account which I think is great.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else getting the error message about your information not being valid when tryin to sign up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the same thing. I emailed support and they told me to contact Paytrue about it. Has anyone had success doing this? (I haven't emailed them yet)

[/ QUOTE ]

They told me the same thing, a pokerstars chat window box actually popped up and they told me to check if I had num lock on, haha, it was great. But then she told me to contact paytru, so I emailed theyre support, no response. Figure ill give em a call on monday to straighten it out.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this treated as a cash advance by the cc using to load the debit card?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What am I a mirage, does everybody have me on the pay no mind list?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this treated as a cash advance by the cc using to load the debit card?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What am I a mirage, does everybody have me on the pay no mind list?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure about this prepaid visa, but I have purchased others using my CC and it was not treated as a cash advance. So I am willing to bet that it would be the same for this one as well.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As to your other vacuous objection, HOW ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEMS UNTIL THEY IMPLEMENT THE SYSTEM? WELL? All the in house testing in the world never replicates the real world issues people run into. Hence Lee's very succinct, very cogent explanation of why 100 problems are FAR superior to 5000. Read his post. The re-read it. THEN get someone smarter than you to read it to you, and explain it.

[/ QUOTE ]

More to the point when you clicked on the option in the cashier it specifically told you that this was a phased rollout kind of thing and they wanted your feedback.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:18 PM

I am amazed that ANYONE would pay these fees. If everyone refuses to do this, maybe the sites will give us a decent option. I would rather not play than pay this, and I am currently sitting out till they come up with a decent option. You guys are crazy.