Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: EPT Monte Carlo

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I'm [censored] pissed. The US Passport agency is a COMPLETE joke. THey say they're open to take calls from 7am to midnight. IVE CACLLED SIX TIMES NOW AT VARYING TIMES. EVERY TIME I HAVE TO LISTEN TO A 10 MINUTE RECORDING< THEN I HIT A BUTTON TO TALK TO A REPRESENTATIVE, AND IT SAYS "WE'RE TOO BUSY NOW. CALL BACK LATER< GOODBYE"

WTF???

IM NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO GO TO MONTE CCARLO NOW BECAUES THEY'RE JUST A [censored] SHAM OF AN AGENCY WITH NO WORKERS AND JUST STUPID [censored] RECORDINGS

(i have a valid passport, bt can't find it and have been trying to get a replacement; if i can't find it, and they dont answer they're phone, i'm going to go on perma-life-tilt)

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to go the post office and get a new one i think. Although now u can never ger it in time =/.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:11 AM

i know youc an get it the same day when you go tot he actual passport place (major place, not post office, like theres on in Philadelphia/Boston/NYC) but you need an apointment and have to show proof of traveling, you can get an apoitment on short notice if you talk to a person, BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO TALK TO A PERSON.

i'm gonna tear my apartment apart trying to get it. and i guess keep calling those idiots

edit: oh yea lol before they say "we're too busyy goodbye" they say "try emailing us at xxxxxxxxxxxx" so i emailed them said it was really urgent. 24 hours and no response. well run place.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:30 AM

You dont need an appt to go to the passport agency. Just go down there and wait in line and get it done. You can pay the extra $$ for expedited service.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:53 AM

you guys are rookies when it comes to travel. just look in the yellow pages for a passport services. these are usually like 3rd party operations and they are legit. they charge a little more, but they have methods to get it done. dont be surprised when you go their its nothing but foreigners who cant speak english, but its your best option,
Old 03-21-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You dont need an appt to go to the passport agency. Just go down there and wait in line and get it done. You can pay the extra $$ for expedited service.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm like 90% sure this isn't true. They give you an appointment number, and there are signs all over the place that say if you dont have it you can't do [censored].

i just got a new one (expedited same day) before i went to dublin in october

edit: that said, if i can't find it and they dont answer, this is what i'm going to do.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for posting that Adam. Day IA looks pretty rough.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no easy days. Wait till you see the list of direct buyins. This tournament, with $13K buyin and in Europe, should be one of the toughest, next to the WPT championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

The WPT Championship isn't necessarily one of the toughest fields of they year, and I suspect this EPT won't be either. I predict it will be the usual balance of experts and donks. Bring it on Day 1B!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:32 AM

this site is an example of what i used before...

http://www.intpv.com/
Old 03-21-2007, 01:49 AM

what's the actual cap of entrants on this event? It said 500, and there's 532 in right now...anyone know how many tables they have?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are rookies when it comes to travel. just look in the yellow pages for a passport services. these are usually like 3rd party operations and they are legit. they charge a little more, but they have methods to get it done. dont be surprised when you go their its nothing but foreigners who cant speak english, but its your best option

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. in NYC, look for any Russian travel agency. 100% of them will do it quickly/cheaply and they tend to speak decent English if you need them to.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this site is an example of what i used before...

http://www.intpv.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you very much, this looks very helpful.