Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Pacific Poker support

[ QUOTE ]
But since the pot will be $10 once I call, a pot raise would be to $14.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost me with the $14. You'll have to explain that again. I don't play NL (but I think that should be obvious [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]).
Old 05-15-2006, 05:53 AM

Default Re: TableNavigator

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have some problem with my hand and arm, it's hurting all the time, to much betting? so I think I will try this poky with a gamepad and this script instead, I never had anyone before and my question is, what sort of a gamepad do you suggest I buy? would anyone be good enough? or can someone recommend me a good one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'v only tried one, but I'm pretty, pretty happy with it:

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/p990.htm

Main reason I bought it is the 6 right-side buttons instead of usual 4. With the 3 bottom ones I do all the betting, and compared with a gamepad with 4 right-side buttons, I think it's much easer to bet with this one; less thumb movement.

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

hey adde do you use the analog sticks for anything? i just got the xbox controller for pc and i cant really figure out how to configure it with TN. instead of using the d-pad to move to different tables it uses the left analog stick. i would like it to use the d-pad for this though. also i play mainly NL. when i want to increase my bet size i have to press and hold the right trigger. to lower the bet size i press and hold the left trigger. is there any way for me to remap my controller so that i can use the right analog stick to control the slider? another thing is that the bet amount goes up very slowly and when i want to do a decent sized raise my timer gets very close to zero.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You lost me with the $14. You'll have to explain that again. I don't play NL (but I think that should be obvious ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, no prob. I just meant that when you have to call a bet, then make a raise, the pot size is no longer what is already in the pot before your call. So, on TN, when I push down on the stick to make a pot sized bet, it counts only what's in the pot before the call.

My example was just saying, that if I want to raise the pot before the flop, in a $2/4 NL game, my raise would be to $14 dollars. There would be $6 in the pot from small and big blind, and once I call the $4 big blind, (assuming nobody has already called or raised) there will now be $10 in the pot. So if I want to raise the pot, I will put in $10 more, or $14 total.

Or, say, if there's $20 in the pot on the flop, and somebody ahead of me bets $20. Now if I push the pot button on TN it will give me a raise to $60, but a pot sized raise would be to $80, b/c there will be $60 in the pot after my call, so i'd need to raise $60 more to make it a pot sized bet.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:00 AM

what controller are u using pfkaok?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:08 AM

Okay, I think I get it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Should be easy for Party I think since we can just get the amount we have to add from the "Call" button (I think). Right?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:04 AM

call button times number of ppl already bet/called

neat script, btw.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call button times number of ppl already bet/called

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, we could calculate the pot size this way perhaps, but we have to parse the text from the chat to find out how many people called anyway, so it's a bit pointless [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. What I meant was we add the amount from the "call" button to the actual pot size to get a true PSB (if I understood pfkaok correctly).
Old 05-15-2006, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what controller are u using pfkaok?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm using a Logitech, dual action something. Not great, but was only like $20 at Fry's, and is basically a PS2 controller, but doesn't feel quite as nice. Definately works fine though, but i'm considering upgrading since I think I might be playing a lot with it... and probably will ONLY play with the joypad if it gets to work with Party and stars simultaniously.

Anyone have any recommendations for really nice controllers that would work well with this program?

Btw... go warriors. next year will be the year.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Uh, we could calculate the pot size this way perhaps, but we have to parse the text from the chat to find out how many people called anyway, so it's a bit pointless . What I meant was we add the amount from the "call" button to the actual pot size to get a true PSB (if I understood pfkaok correctly)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I believe that you don't need to factor in the number of callers either. I'm pretty sure that their calls are already factored in the pot size, at least at party. I'd need to check again to make sure, but i'm almost positive that when I push pot after a few limpers preflop that it adds their calls in. just not mine.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that their calls are already factored in the pot size, at least at party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and not just at Party.