Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 04:14 AM

Default Re: The Well: gobboboy

[ QUOTE ]
What three things would you a player who has some idea of omaha basics are the most important to keep in mind to really own at it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Be bankrolled for it.

For PLO, folding is never really bad.

For the love of god, play shorthanded and game select.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
2) What would you major in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Philosophy maybe? I'd just need a degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Economics
Old 12-20-2006, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For PLO, not folding is never really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

im assuming that was a typo

ok im kinda late to the party but dear gobbo:

how often do you find yourself playing significantly worse than you're capable of? what mistakes do you notice yourself making most often?

i know you've played games you're underrolled for in the past. is that a problem you're stuggling with? ie you tilt from running bad and move up to chase loses? or do you just take shots occasionally with money you're willing to, and can afford to lose?

anyways im looking forward to meeting you at pca. and if you're still looking for backers for aussie millions i might be interested in buying a chunk.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For PLO, not folding is never really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

im assuming that was a typo

ok im kinda late to the party but dear gobbo:

how often do you find yourself playing significantly worse than you're capable of? what mistakes do you notice yourself making most often?

i know you've played games you're underrolled for in the past. is that a problem you're stuggling with? ie you tilt from running bad and move up to chase loses? or do you just take shots occasionally with money you're willing to, and can afford to lose?

anyways im looking forward to meeting you at pca. and if you're still looking for backers for aussie millions i might be interested in buying a chunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. All too often, simply because I decide I want to win. When I get really bad at this, I just start calling way too much after the flop. Getting really married to some hands, etc. I also start pushbotting badly and start cramming 13 bb's in EP with small pairs, etc, just because I want to win the blinds so bad. This happened tonight when I called off 100 bb's with AA on a Q939 board against Q9.

2. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I'm +EV in all the games I take shots in. Even when I played ridiculously high because I was being an idiot, the people I was playing against were just bad. But it is a lapse in judgment and it just comes from wanting to win lots of money really fast.

It'll be nice to meet you at PCA.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:04 AM

Why do you still live at home? It seemed like you desired to be elsewhere in an earlier post.
Why not get a cheap place around campus?

oh yeah...if you and Illini43 goto a hockey game, shoot me a PM. I'd love to socialize with 2p2ers a bit more in real life.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you still live at home? It seemed like you desired to be elsewhere in an earlier post.

oh yeah...if you and Illini43 goto a hockey game, shoot me a PM. I'd love to socialize with 2p2ers a bit more in real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should. The thing is, most people's leases end around the end of the school year and I don't want to commit to something when I could be moving come this summer.

And I will do that, I'll keep you informed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My sister's boyfriend and his friends basically run the ice arena. They also drive the zamboni.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What three things would you a player who has some idea of omaha basics are the most important to keep in mind to really own at it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Be bankrolled for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Couple strat questions then.

What would you consider an adequate PLO BR? (assuming 3-6 handed)

I play a fairly wide mix of hands and bet/repop my +EV draws pretty hard on flop. What adjustments should I be making as the number of players drop at a table?

Is it incorrect to 3BB raise PF rather than just pot it in the long run, or is it OK to rely on flop/turn betting, considering I don't get married to my overpairs postflop too often unless I flop a fairly decent redraw?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be bankrolled for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Couple strat questions then.

What would you consider an adequate PLO BR? (assuming 3-6 handed)

I play a fairly wide mix of hands and bet/repop my +EV draws pretty hard on flop. What adjustments should I be making as the number of players drop at a table?

Is it incorrect to 3BB raise PF rather than just pot it in the long run, or is it OK to rely on flop/turn betting, considering I don't get married to my overpairs postflop too often unless I flop a fairly decent redraw?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you never get in all the money as more than a 2:1 dog you're going fine in omaha. The key to shorthanded is that your opponents will do that a lot more and hopefully get it in drawing nearly dead. I'd suggest having about 100 buyins for shorthanded PLO games.

I don't know a whole lot about the games, this is just what I've figured out.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should. The thing is, most people's leases end around the end of the school year and I don't want to commit to something when I could be moving come this summer.

And I will do that, I'll keep you informed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My sister's boyfriend and his friends basically run the ice arena. They also drive the zamboni.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 month lease yo.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:20 AM

6 month leases are tough to comeby in this town