Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Asking out a girl from class I haven\'t really talked to

The latest:

She never contacted me about hanging out this weekend like she suggested. I sent her this:

[ QUOTE ]
what happened this weekend? you're a difficult person to get ahold of.

sorry about the game today. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] hopefully this will help you feel a little better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U6aPJuH-Ik

[/ QUOTE ]

She replies:

[ QUOTE ]
Wow what a video hahahaha. Yea Im a little bummed after the game yesterday. The Bears choked and Im mad at them [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Lol but I dont take these things too seriously or my life would be so depressing! Sorry I was hard to reach this weekend, I went home to watch the game at my parent's place. Hope you have a good week!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the "hope you have a good week" at the end, as if she isn't planning on talking to me again during it (initially I didn't really think anything of it, but I showed the message to a friend and she was like "haha, it's like she's not planning on talking to you again"). At this point my feelings of hopelessness and desperation are starting to be replaced with anger. As childish as it sounds, I feel like I want to make her account for her actions. It pisses me off that she would just keep giving me the run-around to prevent herself from feeling bad about saying "sorry, I don't want to go out with you" (or even going so far as to say "...but you're a really sweet guy, and I DO want to hang out with you, I promise! in fact, how about this weekend! i'll call you!...not"). I don't deserve to be treated like that.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't deserve to be treated like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to see you finally realizing this. This girl is using you as an emotional tampon. Blow her off man, you can do much better.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:24 AM

goofy you're 100% right, you really didnt deserve to be jerked around like that.

but, out of curiousity, would you have ever been completely satisfied with just being friends? I would think that would hurt much more in the long run
Old 02-06-2007, 03:34 AM

Hey Goofy,

She doesn't dig you. She was trying to save face with the whole "let's be friends" thing, but it wasn't sincere on her part, because after she rejected you on the "dating" front she knew it would be awkward hanging out with you.

Every message you have sent her has seemed pretty desperate. You really need to ignore her and move on. And as much as it bothers you, what happened is a good thing. You need to put yourself out there on the line with women... you need to feel rejection. It will happen throughout yours and all of our lives. But it gets easier each time. And holy [censored]... all that effort really does pay off in the end when you find a great girl and have a quality relationship.

P.S. - I would refrain from using smiley faces in messages to women. Also no exclamation points. They are fruity.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but, out of curiousity, would you have ever been completely satisfied with just being friends? I would think that would hurt much more in the long run

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. My running plan was to try it out for a little and if it didn't make me happy, just cut it off; this had the added bonus of possibly making her miss me were she to grow to like my company.

[ QUOTE ]
And as much as it bothers you, what happened is a good thing. You need to put yourself out there on the line with women... you need to feel rejection. It will happen throughout yours and all of our lives. But it gets easier each time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I haven't found this to be true. It seems that for a lot of guys, getting used to and embracing rejection and not having a fear of it is what allows them to get girls; I've never been able to accept it.

[ QUOTE ]
And holy [censored]... all that effort really does pay off in the end when you find a great girl and have a quality relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:31 AM

lol, this is the first time I've ever really felt like an ass on 2+2

sorry about posting that pic earlier [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2007, 04:50 AM

The Hitler one? lol, I laughed, it was funny; you don't have anything to be sorry for.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And as much as it bothers you, what happened is a good thing. You need to put yourself out there on the line with women... you need to feel rejection. It will happen throughout yours and all of our lives. But it gets easier each time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, I haven't found this to be true. It seems that for a lot of guys, getting used to and embracing rejection and not having a fear of it is what allows them to get girls; I've never been able to accept it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dno if it gets EASY to accept rejection, but its a game. think about it like poker. u dont win every session you play. there's variance. some girls are just too stuck up. you can get better at the game though.. thats the beauty of it. accept the rejection as a learning step. take a different tact next time around.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:55 AM

Give it up. She views you as something stuck to her shoe.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She never contacted me about hanging out this weekend like she suggested. I sent her this:

[ QUOTE ]
what happened this weekend? you're a difficult person to get ahold of.

sorry about the game today. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] hopefully this will help you feel a little better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U6aPJuH-Ik

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Dude, how many times do we have to tell you to gather up what's left of your dignity and take pride in the fact you'll never make any attempt to contact this girl in the future? Rejection sucks for everyone, but it sucks a whole lot more when you string it out into a prolonged 2 month rejection-fest where you get beat down by her over and over again? If you had let this hoe go completely in January you might be with another chick by now, instead of being depressed and held back by this hopeless situation.

No more contacting her, no more messages of any sort. She's out of your life.