Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
website dying?

[/ QUOTE ]

The server was showing some packet loss, but that's fixed now so it should be OK. Were you getting a slow response, or just no reply earlier? -Ben
Old 07-21-2006, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all I want to say that this is an awesome software [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I haven't read the hole thread so I don't know if you already got these suggestions:
- color code the tables as pts does (tables already open, fishy tables, tight tables etc..)

- I basically play FL but sometimes nl, too. And if I play NL I don't want to scan the fl tables and vice versa. So I would like some kind of 'quick game-filter change'-button. Now I have to go to the game-filter-menu and uncheck the FL-levels and check the NL ones. No big deal, but a button would be nice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- I use multiple PT-Databases (6+) and I don't think auto-detection of these is very hard. so I would like that feature, too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

tia,
Daniel

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Yes, table color coding is already on the list.

As for switching game types, how about a "Toggle Last Settings" button? Seems like that would do the trick. Or do some people have more than 2 profiles they'd want?

Yes, we are looking into how to auto-detect all of the PT databases.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] -Ben
Old 07-21-2006, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im dumb and mistyped my email during initial setup. what should i do about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fire up SixthSense. Go to the Menu button, Options, then "Change Login" menu. Set your username & password to blank, then hit "Login". Shutdown & restart SS, it will ask if you want to get a password emailed, say Yes.

-Ben
Old 07-21-2006, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting the following error when I try to use SS.

Job Error "Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query); Unecpected protocol character from backend (send_query)

I connected to my Postreg DB and got a successful message.

This is using 1.0.0.21 AND 1.0.0.23 versioins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds like you have an old version of the Postgres OLE DB driver. SS installs this for you automatically. One thing to try: shutdown ALL applications, then reinstall SS.

After doing this open up your Windows\System32 directory, and file the file PgOleDB.dll. Right click it for properties, click on the version tab. It should read "1.0.0.20". If its something different there is something going wrong during installation.

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked the PgOleDB.dll and it is 1.0.0.20.

When I start SS, the window opens showing tables with player seated info and some other info in the top half of the window. The lower half shows the player names and "0" in all filelds for all players. My first thought was that I did not have any data on the players, but it is like this for all tables. The database I am using goes back to November 2005, so I have a hard time believinf that I have no data for any of the players.

Also, when I change the limits filters I get a message that the changes will takes effect ofter the next refresh. However, there is NO refresh button. I can see where it is, but it does not become active.

I am thinking of uninstalling and starting all over. With the Name and password change or should I use the same one?
Old 07-21-2006, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I checked the PgOleDB.dll and it is 1.0.0.20.

(snip)

I am thinking of uninstalling and starting all over. With the Name and password change or should I use the same one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the issue is either driver or Connection string related. Could you email me your SixthSense.ini file (bziegler@radix.net). Edit out the passwords if you want, I just want to see the connection strings.

If you reinstall, do an uninstall, delete everything in that directory (save your username & password), then reinstall.

If you still see that problem, then do a search across your entire hard drive for PgOleDB.dll and see if there are other copies around.

-Ben
Old 07-22-2006, 03:35 PM

Would there be a way to see the setup for ranking the fish at 6max NL? I'm thinking about making my own custom settings, but I'd sure like to see how the initial rank system is calculated.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:20 PM

Must-add feature:

For configuring multiple databases (and I think more people have multiple DBs than you might think...), you should implement a system where the user can configure SS just ONCE so it recognizes the DB, and then allow the user to simply check a box to indicate whether he wants SS to consider that DB active.

How would this improve things? Well, I have 2 large LHE and 2 large NL DBs. I have found that SS is way too slow when I ask it to query all 4 DBs, so what I prefer to do is do 2 separate searches, one for LHE and one for NL. It's a huge pain to have to go into SS's "Configure multiple DBs" window and type in the settings every time I want to switch what DBs it draws from. Instead, it should simply remember the settings for every DB I've ever configured in the window, and allow the user to just check a box next to it if he wants to make it active. This seems like a very easy change, and very useful to everybody.

(Also a pet peeve...I really don't like how, when there's some action in the status bar at the bottom of the main SS window, if you mouse over something that changes what's in the status bar, and then mouseOUT, the status bar goes blank...it should go back to whatever it said before you did the mouseover). For example, it might be scoring tables so it reads "Scoring 30 of 40 tables, 2:00 elapsed". If you mouse over the table list in the upper part of the window, it changes to "Double-click to open..." but then when you mouse out, the status bar goes blank (until it is updated again). This is annoying, because sometimes it is running some sort of process, and there's the hourglass cursor, but you don't know what it's doing, b/c the status bar has been 'erased' as i described above.

Last pet peeve, when u double-click a table to open it from the upper part of the SS window, it should automatically switch the selected game limit in the Party window tree-view to the appropriate one. As I wrote to you via email, it's such a pain that if the correct limit is not selected, then SS just opens a random Party table (not the correct one). If I'm searching 15/30, 20/40, 30/60 and 50/100 LHE tables, I'd like to just be able to double-click on good tables from the SS window instead of having to change the selected limit in the Party treeview each time.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:32 PM

2 other very useful feature

1) By the way (and maybe this is something to pass along to whoever's doing the 'cache' work for you): SS should have some way to employ a filter, like PAH does. E.g. it would be great if, when it came across a table that has 6 people seated (whether it be a SH table, or simply a half-full 10max table), it ONLY used PT stats from hands with a user-defined number of players; in fact, the PAH filter system is pretty perfect...it lets you customize any number of filters, and applies them depending on how many ppl r seated at the table that is scanned.

2) There should be an easy way to let the user specify a MIN number of players that a table needs to even be considered by SS in the first place. For example, I don't care at all about tables with 3 or less people, so I want to tell SS to simply ignore them, so that it doesn't spend its resources scanning players seated there.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:32 PM

I ran into a problem last night. Almost every time I had it open a table for me the first table it opened was "Ace Ventura". This is not the table I clicked on for SS to open for me. I would simply close the table and have it open the table again at it was okay. Like I said this happened most of the time.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 other very useful feature

1) By the way (and maybe this is something to pass along to whoever's doing the 'cache' work for you): SS should have some way to employ a filter, like PAH does. E.g. it would be great if, when it came across a table that has 6 people seated (whether it be a SH table, or simply a half-full 10max table), it ONLY used PT stats from hands with a user-defined number of players; in fact, the PAH filter system is pretty perfect...it lets you customize any number of filters, and applies them depending on how many ppl r seated at the table that is scanned.

2) There should be an easy way to let the user specify a MIN number of players that a table needs to even be considered by SS in the first place. For example, I don't care at all about tables with 3 or less people, so I want to tell SS to simply ignore them, so that it doesn't spend its resources scanning players seated there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teddy, thanks for the suggestions, I've added them to my list. -Ben