Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2006, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

[ QUOTE ]

The money is nice but I just need someone to really help with nutrition/meals and motivation. Other than, you know, early death, which I guess hasn't done the job so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want motivation? I'll give you motivation. You single?

Chicks.

When I got in shape in my 20's, I went from about 250 to around 195 and pretty cut - Not so much the upper body, but my legs were killer. Where I'd previously had very little confidence with women, suddenly I had tons. In addition, if you're a fat guy chances are you've developed a pretty good personality - Funny, personable, sympathetic, kind.

Yes, yes, there's a certain percentage of girls that only go for complete dicks, however, the combination of good body + funny/fun + good personality is pure money.

I'm telling you, 'kid in a candy shop' time, man!

As far as eating right, here's some thoughts for "Guys completely clueless about how to eat":

1) When you go grocery shopping, make a list before you leave the house! Do not buy anything that isn't on the list! If buying stuff on sale and coupons are important to you, you must make this part of the list process. Get yourself a flyer (ie: from the paper) and reference it as you write your list. If you have to, go to the store, get a flyer COME HOME, make your list, then go back to the store.

If you see something you want that's no on the list, DO NOT BUY IT! You can put it on the NEXT LIST if you still want it then (often you won't, that's the point!). DO NOT IMPULSE SHOP!!!

If it's not in the house, you can't eat it!

2) Get a good cookbook or two. I'm a big, big Alton Brown ( see: http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/GEFP/index.htm ) fan, however, you can also get tonnes of recepies online like from http://allrecipes.com/ (or that Alton Brown link) so you may not really need a book. The thing about getting a good cookbook is that there are techniques you should learn and a good cookbook should teach you (like say, uh, reducing, or seperating egg whites) while just referencing a page off the net won't and you may not be able to follow some recepies (Then again, just Google any instruction you don't understand). Generally something you make yourself > something you defrost both in taste and healthiness. BTW, being able to cook more than ramen noodles is really good with the women too!

Plus, once you get a little confidence, you can mess around and start experimenting a little which can actually be a lot of fun as long as you don't let it bother you when it sometimes doesn't work out.

3) Take a trip to your grocery store and explore it. There's a lot of good [censored] you have no idea exists. DO NOT BUY IT, you're just exploring! Make a list of the stuff that interests you as you go so you can decided later what you should and shouldn't get. If neccessary, do some reasearch (Google) on whether or not it's a good idea for you (ie: Frozen dinners some are okay some a crap). Or if you see some fruit/vegetable/cut of meat/etc that you're not familiar with but looks interesting you can research some recipes.

4) When you are doing you grocery store exploration, keep this in mind - Generally, the perimeter of the store is healthier than the center. The perimieter is usually Produce, Fresh meats and deli, dairy, sometimes some freezer (esp frozen meats) and sometimes bakery.

5) You don't have to become a complete food nut to make a big difference, just avoid the obvious crap and make better choices. Fast food (most) = really, really bad. Chips = really, really bad. Ice cream = pretty bad.

6) Get on a schedule INCLUDING SNACKS! You're way better off with 3 mid-sized meals and 3 snack sized "meals" than 3 big meals only. If you have to do 3 meals and 4 or 5 snacks, that's cool too but pick good snacks! Don't do cookies or donuts, but you can pretty much eat as many apples, oranges, pears, grapes, raspberries, melons, carrots, celery, etc as you want. And stick to the schedule - It's like gamblers who don't track results and assume they are winning players when they're not, if you don't stick to a schedule you WILL snack more than you think! (But again, if you set yourself up so you only have good snacks, it's really not a problem that you "cheat" by eating an extra peach). You shouldn't ever be really hungry if you do this right. If you are, consider eating more food that won't keep you fat (ie: veggies)

BTW, for our purposes, muffins really aren't that much better than donuts. Try to avoid eating too much bread, pasta and potatoes. Not that they're bad for you or anything, but you want to avoid switching your diet over to too many high-carb foods and inhibiting your weight loss because of it (you'd still be eating a lot better, but you wouldn't be loosing as much weight - Don't go all Atkins and [censored] but avoid switching your diet from 100% junk food to 100% carbs or you'll be disappointed in your weight loss).

7) Exercise, exercise, excercise. You will loose weight if you just starve yourself, however it will come off a lot slower, it'll be a lot more frustrating and you will feel like crap (your body really, really, hates this! It thinks you're dying in a famine!!!!!!! The result is that it will work harder to hang on to whatever it gets! You will burn fat more slowly and you will burn muscle instead!)

You need some exercise to get your metabolism going and promote the burning process. If you're going from complete couch potato, just start by walking a half hour a day, every day and after a week or two go to 45 mins then an hour. Then start some other exercise (lifting, etc) or some reasonable sports. By "walking" I mean at a fast pace like you're late for a date with a hot chick who'll let you SIIHP unless you're too late then she'll get pissed off, leave and tell all her friends you're gay!
Old 05-10-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fascinating how terms like "good deeds" are getting chucked aroung yet the entire time he has used the term fatties...EAD [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I just thought of it like black guys calling each other nigga.

Bison is obviously head wigga [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2006, 07:39 PM

Dcifr,

"id venture a totally uneducated guess that it's somewhat weighted in the middle after being normalized, probably approximateable by a gaussian,"

HAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAA
Old 05-10-2006, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bison,
I think this pay scale would give them more incentive to lose a good amount of weight.

$.25/lb 1->30
$.50/lb 31->60
$1.50/lb 61->160
$.50/lb 161->200

You could lose $192.5/person.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't someone going to do something about these lame gimmick accounts?
Old 05-10-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

or is it the case that the marginal benefit continuously declines? so losing 1 lb from 350 to 349 is the BEST pound you'll ever lose? and each subsequent pound benefits less and less??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, losing 50 pounds will take a bunch of guys from "morbidly obese" to merely "obese" that's a pretty considerable gain.

But more importanly is the lifestyle changes that that implies... Namely giving up eating complete [censored] and getting a reasonable amount of exercise. So while that's not perfect, it's a hullva lot better than nothing.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:02 PM

-2/10

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 05-10-2006, 08:03 PM

8/10

mostly for originality.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clarification.

My goal is to 130 lbs and get to 200. Maybe lower depending on how I feel about being at 200.

I'm 29.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, you are going to be effing rich. And thin.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:34 PM

BTW, because there is so much money being thrown at some of these fatties, I am also going to say it has to be relatively natural and they cannot get gastric bypass or meth or any BS like that. Excersize, eat less and/or healthier.

P.S. That one picture of the 325 to 180 or w/e it was is really cool. I like how he is holding a chick in the second pic (sorry if that is your sis or something).
Old 05-10-2006, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it has to be relatively natural and they cannot get gastric bypass or meth or any BS like that. Excersize, eat less and/or healthier.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about doing coke off a strippers ass?