Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

I don't like the games and tricks that are part of PUA nonsense. But, I have read The Game and it can be very applicable for real life. I am a confident good conversationalist, but at times in my life I have been a doormat. Never been a player, but never had problems with girls either. It is a weird comibination because I am a leader and assertive, but also am way too nice at times. Ultimately PUA stuff can be used to better understand all people and lead to better interactions with them. I can still be a nice guy without being soft about it. Every person has the ability to grow through the self analysis required as part of these ideas.

I feel the whole thing gets a bad name because the people you read about are nerds who can't talk to anybody getting "programmed" to pick up women. Just like anything rooted in psychology, there are simplistic negative ways it can be used, but overall it is a good thing for study.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:41 AM

80% of teens have had a job by HS graduation. 50% have worked more than 15 hours a week.
That % is higher in summertime. In the last 20 years, the number of 16-19 yr olds in school has jumped 10% as well.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:01 PM

oh wow this thread
Old 08-09-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
80% of teens have had a job by HS graduation. 50% have worked more than 15 hours a week.
That % is higher in summertime. In the last 20 years, the number of 16-19 yr olds in school has jumped 10% as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool. It seems like every time I am around one of them under the age of thirty, they are blabbing on their cell phone and it sounds something like this

Well I am actually really happy that it happened. Yeah, I mean, like, I just learned so much about myself and who I truly am, and like, I think I learned a lot about me.

Well, what did he say to you?

Yeah, see I mean, thats like, yeah totally, I mean thats just like the stuff I am talking about

Well, I mean I don't really know where are relationship is going right now. I mean, its like, you know?

Oh my god man, yeah we were like totally drunk Monday night. Like, yeah, you should have been there I mean it was like, totally fun, you know.

Yeah, he just message about an hour ago asking if we are going out tonight. Yeah, totally. I mean, like, I'm really just so sick of him right now. Like at this point in my life, I'm just not really sure if we fit together anymore, like, sometimes its just really, you know, like, i mean, you know, like totally, i mean, like, yeah exactly.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't really see why you or I should be influenced the many-times repeated opinions of one guy who's never met me, yet has made it his personal mission to prove to the world that I'm John Wayne Gacy or something. Start another thread about me, Didsy Poo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad. Dids likes to go for the easiest targets. If it wasn't you, it would just be someone else.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:33 PM

Can we start discussing some of the unethical PUA stuff? I remember someone posted the tricks to use if a girl has a boyfriend. That was pretty brilliant and sick at the same time.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool. It seems like every time I am around one of them under the age of thirty, they are blabbing on their cell phone and it sounds something like this

Well I am actually really happy that it happened. Yeah, I mean, like, I just learned so much about myself and who I truly am, and like, I think I learned a lot about me.

Well, what did he say to you?

Yeah, see I mean, thats like, yeah totally, I mean thats just like the stuff I am talking about

Well, I mean I don't really know where are relationship is going right now. I mean, its like, you know?

Oh my god man, yeah we were like totally drunk Monday night. Like, yeah, you should have been there I mean it was like, totally fun, you know.

Yeah, he just message about an hour ago asking if we are going out tonight. Yeah, totally. I mean, like, I'm really just so sick of him right now. Like at this point in my life, I'm just not really sure if we fit together anymore, like, sometimes its just really, you know, like, i mean, you know, like totally, i mean, like, yeah exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I see the problem here, you appear to be trapped inside this movie. Best of luck getting out.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, 90% of the attractive girls in America are unbearably stupid and their lives are governed by the stuff they watch on television and read in magazines. On the other hand, 99% of men are also retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

This viewpoint probably isn't given enough credit. The dimwitted shallowness of the culture we live in, and our generally enthusiastic commitment to it, encourages and accepts our being dullards. It doesn't matter who is doing the choosing -- talking sports and cars for more than a minute or two is just as dull and vapid as talking about make-up or hairstyles; talking about Lindsay and Brittney is equally dull no matter which sex is doing it.

However, there is still the practical matter of getting laid. And/or having a relationship, if you're into that. PUA is being presented as the answer for both.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't feel bad. Dids likes to go for the easiest targets. If it wasn't you, it would just be someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, when someone continually puts themselves on a public forum in ridiculous fashion, it does make them an easy target.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't really see why you or I should be influenced the many-times repeated opinions of one guy who's never met me, yet has made it his personal mission to prove to the world that I'm John Wayne Gacy or something. Start another thread about me, Didsy Poo!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg,

I've spent countless hours talking with Cardo on AIM. I ended up in the middle of far too much drama, and gave him tons of advice that he ignored and ignored. This isn't some cheap potshop (and wtf @ easiet targets), it's the result of being really frustrated by Cardo acting like a [censored] to people trying to be his friends.

The point I made in this thread is that upon meeting Cardo in Vegas, many people found him to be really [censored] weird. This doesn't exactly seem like the guy that everybody loves that Cardo wants to make himself out to be.

When somebody acts like an [censored] to me, and then posts [censored], I'm pretty inclinded to call them on doing it.